Howdy from South Texas

Oldbattleaxe

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South South Texas,
Hey all, greetings from South Texas. About 5-6 years ago my 13 year old male sulcata Euphie vanished from our farm. Our family was devisated. It's taken this long to get over the heart-sick but we're ready to open our home to another sulcata or three. I'm happy to take in any smallish sulcata, hatchling to 30 lbs, but my eldest child (20 years) would like a hatchling, so I'm looking for 1-2 temp-sexed females and because I have the space, and time, a larger sulcata for me to hang out in the yard with. I can't believe how much I miss that. I'm looking for recommended breeders, dealers, etc, and going to herp show in Corpus Christi next month. Already prepping the yard and buying lumber for night boxes. I have a few Russians living in my garden, so the first Tom-style box is for them. Any advice on finding the right torts is highly welcomed, and I'm willing to go halfway across the state to adopt. Thanks for your time, Oldbattleaxe

PJay

5 Year Member
Virginia
Welcome to the forum! I wish you luck in your search.

Stuart S.

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Paris, Texas
Hello and welcome!!! I'm so sorry for your loss but good luck on your new search!

KrissyLeigh

Today is my birthday!
south Texas
Hey all, greetings from South Texas. About 5-6 years ago my 13 year old male sulcata Euphie vanished from our farm. Our family was devisated. It's taken this long to get over the heart-sick but we're ready to open our home to another sulcata or three. I'm happy to take in any smallish sulcata, hatchling to 30 lbs, but my eldest child (20 years) would like a hatchling, so I'm looking for 1-2 temp-sexed females and because I have the space, and time, a larger sulcata for me to hang out in the yard with. I can't believe how much I miss that. I'm looking for recommended breeders, dealers, etc, and going to herp show in Corpus Christi next month. Already prepping the yard and buying lumber for night boxes. I have a few Russians living in my garden, so the first Tom-style box is for them. Any advice on finding the right torts is highly welcomed, and I'm willing to go halfway across the state to adopt. Thanks for your time, Oldbattleaxe

Welcome! I live in Corpus Christi, and I actually know an awesome breeder in town that breeds sulcatas, redfoot, leachies, and iguanas. I have been to his home, and I bought my beautiful redfoot from him and have not had any issues!!! He will probably be at the show in a couple weeks - I'm actually going there too, but just to shop, I don't breed. Message me if you want some more info.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Welcome! We get them in from time to time and are located in San Benito. Going to need a yard check though. Where in south Texas are you?

KrissyLeigh

Today is my birthday!
south Texas
Welcome! We get them in from time to time and are located in San Benito. Going to need a yard check though. Where in south Texas are you?

I was just in San Benito today for work! I didn't know there was anyone else in south Texas that does exotics. Are you a store, individual breeder, rescue...?

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Hey there' welcome from Austin area! Almost neighbors! Reading your user name nearly led me to a bladder accident I had to laugh so hard! Love it!!! There are plenty of sulcatas out there in really wrong hands. People just have no clue. I know there is some sort of tort rescue around San Antonio area, but I bet there's is something closer to you and you have a great neighbor there @tortadise who is very likely to be a good resource for you. Welcome to the Forum and good luck in your search. Keep us posted:)

Oldbattleaxe

5 Year Member
South South Texas,
Hello all. I'm in Harlingen, Tortadise, and would welcome a yard check. Adopting a sulcata Or two would be great. Right now, the tort yards I'm working on are smallish, 4x8 and 8x8, but I have a 16'x20' run that that I've been building in case I found a larger tort. Let's set up a meet so you can see what we've done, and tell us what changes we can make.