How to post pictures using Photobucket

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arkansas
I thought I would put together a tutorial for everyone to learn how to post pictures on these forums. I see so many new people come on, and not know how to post a picture with their post.

Depending on your level of skill and confidence, you may not need instructions as detailed as these.

First you need a Photobucket account.

Go to Photobucket.com and open that account.

Find a picture on your hard drive that you want to add to Photobucket.

Look at it on your screen.

Click on File, Save as, and take note of what directory it is being saved in. Write it down if necessary. (this is only if the picture does not already reside on your hard drive)

Go to PhotoBucket

Go to your album. ***Mod note: It might have changed. If you see a button labeled, "Upload images and videos" you can click on that button. It takes you to your pictures in your computer. From this point, you can follow the directions below after "browse"***

Place your cursor in the box UNDER the Add pictures from URL

Click on BROWSE
This will open a menu box and you can now search for the image on your hard drive that you want to upload.

Browse to the folder containing your pictures by double clicking your way to it. It helps if you know ahead of time where they are.

Double click on the photo you want to add.

You will see part of the photo name in the box

If your only uploading one picture click on SUBMIT and wait. If you want to upload more than one at a time you can search for those now.

When the picture has been added, there will be a message stating *picture added*

Under the photo you have just added will be up to four lines -
Email & IM
Direct Link
HTML Code
IMG Code

You will need the IMG to embed photos into your message. If you click on that box, it will be highlighted and automatically copy the tag for you or you can manually copy it (CTRL+C).

Paste it in the forum board message where you want it. (CTRL+V).

If you don’t see the IMG option, click on ACCOUNT OPTIONS, make sure there is a dot in the YES circle in front of IMG.

A much simpler way to include an image in your forum post would be to *attach* it directly from your hard drive. This works well for most people, IF they have already resized the image and it is within the limits of sizes to attach to the post. (4.88MB TOTAL per post on this site, so that can be one large file or a couple of smaller files totaling 4.88MB)

When posting a thread and you want to attach an image just look down below the box you are writing your post in and see *New Attachment*. Click on BROWSE and search for the image on your hard drive. Select the image from the menu and select OPEN. Once it shows in the NEW ATTACHMENT box click on ADD ATTACHMENT. This will attach it into your post and will show once your either preview or post the thread.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask here and someone will help you.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
RE: How to post pictures in your forum posts

That was a great post. I wish someone had done it a while ago when I frist joined. I went crazy trying to post pictures. That post should be on every forum.

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee

Great idea about posting pics!

How about how to resize also Anja?

Chucky

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
S. Oregon

I found a great little program that does almost everything, well at least everything I need to do with a picture. It's called irfanview and it crops, resizes and all that other good stuff and it's FREE!

Oh, did I forget to say it's FREE!

Here's a link to download it: http://www.irfanview.com

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Chucky said:
I found a great little program that does almost everything, well at least

Here's a link to download it: http://www.irfanview.com

I've used Irfanview for about 2 years now. I LOVE it! Its just so darned easy to re-size the pictures.

Yvonne

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas

I use a couple of programs on my computer that I use to edit pictures with but even Photobucket will resize them to whatever size you want them to when you upload them. Just look for the OPTIONS above the upload button and set it to whatever size you would like them to be. 640x480 is a good standard forum size.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA

chelonologist said:
how can I embed photos in my post?

Code:
[img]http://yourURLhere.com/photo.jpg[/img]

chelonologist

10 Year Member!
Redlands, California

k, let's try this again...

2525...574f77.jpg

chelonologist

10 Year Member!
Redlands, California

ok, apparently flickr was the problem - i guess they don't like linking to their site.

Thanks Josh!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

I know this thread is about posting your pictures, but Michael, how very interesting the two little tortoises are. Same species but totally different colors and growth lines.

Yvonne

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA

you can also use the Attach feature built into the forum to upload and post photos.

Lucymay

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Los Angeles

..."A much simpler way to include an image in your forum post would be to *attach* it directly from your hard drive. This works well for most people, IF they have already resized the image and it is within the limits of sizes to attach to the post. (4.88MB TOTAL per post on this site, so that can be one large file or a couple of smaller files totaling 4.88MB)

When posting a thread and you want to attach an image just look down below the box you are writing your post in and see *New Attachment*. Click on BROWSE and search for the image on your hard drive. Select the image from the menu and select OPEN. Once it shows in the NEW ATTACHMENT box click on ADD ATTACHMENT. This will attach it into your post and will show once your either preview or post the thread. "...

I attached a photo for the contest as described above (New Attachment), however my picture only shows after you click on it not as everyone elses. What did I do wrong? Thanks.........

Lucymay

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Los Angeles

Please ignore other post..... yesterday my picture was not showing but today it is. ???

Sheldon

5 Year Member

kelromkelrom

I'm not getting it how do you resize pics

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA

Either you need a program on your computer or just upload your pictures to photobucket. Photobucket will resize your pictures for you.

Danny

Alireza

5 Year Member

My picture (in the contest) is unavailable now...I dont know why??!

Status
Not open for further replies.