how to offer aloe vera?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stinax182

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Springfield, Massachusetts
i bought 2 big pads from the grocery store. I've never actually had it so when i cut it up and it was basically jelly inside, i was confused. none of my tortoises are big enough to bite through the skin ): should i mince it up?

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
My almost 4 month sulcata eats fine. I put about a 1/4" slice in on the feeding rock and just let him graze off of it. I think giving it to them sliced helps them to bite off pieces. He eats it just fine. The pads I use start out at about 24"x4-5".

stinax182

5 Year Member
Springfield, Massachusetts
Cowboy_Ken said:
My almost 4 month sulcata eats fine. I put about a 1/4" slice in on the feeding rock and just let him graze off of it. I think giving it to them sliced helps them to bite off pieces. He eats it just fine. The pads I use start out at about 24"x4-5".

okay, thank you! i will try that :)

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
They have quite hard beak even for hatchlings. I just chop mine into pieces. Unfortunately none of mine like aloe lol.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
The cactus, as well as the aloe vera are sliced open so that the jell is exposed and they get right to it. You can offer it everyday, but they may not always eat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.