How many torts do you have?

Clunk

I have one Russian Tort which I've had for about 8 years. He was full grown when I got him so his age is unknown.

full

He can be a handful sometimes due to his rambunctious nature. My hats off to those with multiple torts, I don't know how you do it.

Jodie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Spokane Valley WA
3.6(about to be 7).5 russians
2.4.16 leopards
1 male Sulcata
4 of the baby Russians and all 16 of the baby leopards are for sale.

tglazie

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, TX
I have a bunch of marginated tortoises (Big Gino, Lady Gino, Little Gino, Joey Joe Joe, Marge, Whittins, and Biggins, as well as twenty eight hatchlings that have emerged so far this year), my oldest Turkish Ibera named Graecus, a four year old Eastern Hermanns named Mr. Lucky, and a bunch of little rads. So, I guess I have a bunch of tortoises. I also adopted a fourteen year old red eared slider female to get her out of a jam, and I have three big pink bellied sidenecks, and four juvenile northern red bellies that I just got this spring. The group's not as big as it used to be (I've kept almost everything in days past; redfoots, sulcatas, leopards, Russians, pancakes, various locale ibera, I used to have a six animal colony of eastern Hermanns, painted turtles (all forms with the exception of the Midland painted), box turtles (easterns, ornates, and three toeds), Florida red bellies, yellow bellies, various cooters, various map turtles, various softshells, common snappers, yellow mud turtles, common musk turtles, golden thread turtles, and a boat load of red eared sliders, so many red ears, I think that when I die, I will be granted access to the heavenly gates after an army of red eared sliders vouches for how much I've helped members of that species, should red ears have the ear of St. Peter, which I would argue they do, given that red ears are everywhere now.

T.G.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Two leapards,Three sulcata,seven red foots , three box turtles, two red ear sliders , Three snapping turtles , one false map turtle , 7 baby red ear slider

BevSmith

I have a sulcata and will be picking up an Aldabra in a little over a week.

I was warned that these little guys are addictive, and I am finding that I am rapidly becoming one of "those" guys... my friends think I'm nuts. They lovingly call my place a petting zoo. :')

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I was warned that these little guys are addictive, and I am finding that I am rapidly becoming one of "those" guys... my friends think I'm nuts. They lovingly call my place a petting zoo. :')
I'm right there with you! If you have a kindle reader, here is a link to a wonderful book I read and reread often for the fun and realistic views expressed in it. It's written by "Anita Salzberg" and she is a fantastic writer. Between she and her husband, "Allen" I think all of their tortoise/turtle writings should be purchased and read.

http://a.co/jgCzUIa

Enjoy and let me know what you think of it …

BevSmith

I'm right there with you! If you have a kindle reader, here is a link to a wonderful book I read and reread often for the fun and realistic views expressed in it. It's written by "Anita Salzberg" and she is a fantastic writer. Between she and her husband, "Allen" I think all of their tortoise/turtle writings should be purchased and read.

http://a.co/jgCzUIa

Enjoy and let me know what you think of it …

Sweet! Will check it out this evening! Looks funny from the title already! Thank you!

Maitaimommy

Yes, I agree! How big is your Sulcata?

My russian is small and has to live inside but I do take him outside as much as possible.