How many of us "tuck" our torts to sleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GregUnd

5 Year Member
Just curiouse as to how many of us "tuck" our torts to sleep.....:D What I mean is I'll check on Terra before I go to bed and I might scoot her over to a nice warm spot, or I may scoot some moss against her, or put some on top of her, and maybe even tell her good night in a soft voice.

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Broomfield, Colorado
LOL ... very cute, GregUnd. I don't touch my torties before I go to bed, because I figure they usually know better than I do where they should be. However, I do check in on them and tell them, "Nighty night." :)

JeffG

5 Year Member
Arizona
No. Keeping them outside in Arizona does have it's advantages. :)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Mine are all outside now except for the babies. I go out just before I go to bed to make sure everyone is sleeping some place, and no one is on their back......not that I ever found one on their back. I just like to make sure.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I put Chewy on her moss "bed" in her humid hide at night.

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Lynnwood, WA
I'm glad I'm not alone! I say goodnight and give it a little kiss!

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
I put the hatchlings to bed every night around 5:30! Sometimes Tucker fights it, but the other 3 go right to sleep like good little torties all nestled up in their coco coir. I usually check them a few times before I go to bed! But hey, what can I say, they used to go to a tortie sitter too! :p Lou always goes to bed around 4:30! It's all good...........

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Rocklin, CA
I check on mine every single night. I always make sure especially if it's going to be a cold night that Tex is in his house.

GregUnd

5 Year Member
I think Terra get's lazy or she just doesn't know yet. I have to remind myself she's not even 3 months old yet. A lot of times she just barely gets herself into her hideaway and then goes to sleep. I'll then move her to a nice warm and humid spot and she won't move except to stretch herself out. Other times she's all the way in the back against the wall, in which case, I'll leave her be.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Any babies that aren't in a humid hide gets stuck in a humid hide after lights out. I prop a piece of plywood up against the door to the big tort's house and hold it in place with a brick. They just push it out of they way when they want to get up in the morning.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I make sure Tejas is in his hide and Vegas can do what he want's, but normally he is always asleep in his house when ever I do check on him..

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
All 19 of them ....... *every night * rain or shine ...!

JD~;)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Unless it's a sick tortoise I am working with or a little hatchling, I try to leave my tortoises be and allow them to make their own choices and be as wild as possible.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
We have routines to check on certain things, but not to "tuck" them in!

2n1z1xi.jpg

4g3wi9.jpg

samstar

5 Year Member
I check sometimes just to make sure they are in their huts which they always are when sleeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.