How is My Tortoise's Shell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berzerkerwar

5 Year Member
Hello everyone, so about a month ago I got my Russian Tortoise. He's very healthy and active, my only concern is his shell. It was like this when I purchased him. I want to know if there's anything I should do to help it heal or if this is just how it will be. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_20130825_210549_599.jpg
    IMG_20130825_210549_599.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 104

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Heal? What is wrong with it? Looks like a pretty normal russian shell to me. Letting him live outside will weather and smooth out the rough spots over time.

gtiljen

5 Year Member
I am not really familiar with the tortoise you have, and from the picture I don't really get the problem your seeing. I'm not sure if its just the way the photo was taken or what but everything looks normal to me. I don't know maybe I just can't see it well. Are the scutes gapping?

Berzerkerwar said:
Hello everyone, so about a month ago I got my Russian Tortoise. He's very healthy and active, my only concern is his shell. It was like this when I purchased him. I want to know if there's anything I should do to help it heal or if this is just how it will be. Thanks in advance!

Berzerkerwar

5 Year Member
I was just wondering if it was O.K. or not because there are some little scuffs and dings in the shell. I just wanted to know if it was healthy or not. Glad it looks healthy to you guys. I'll just watch it and see if it smooths back out over time. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.