How does our 1 yr old Leopard look?

Texas Tortoise

Hello Everyone,

We posted when we first got our tortoise and we used the good advice and info sheets on the forum to set up our habitats. Our tortoise has both and inside and outside habitats & is outside as often as possible depending on weather etc. Now that is has been over a year we wanted to check in again. Our main Q is how does the growth look? This is our first tortoise and we'd love to hear feedback on how ours looks & opinions about normal scute growth. He (guess) has grown a lot but all of the scutes and not even or perfectly flat. Mostly, he seems healthy and happy (although he often spends considerable time in his hide). I also took a pic of the underside and we'd love to hear your ideas re: if "he" is a boy or girl.
Thanks,
Texas Tortoise

Texas Tortoise

Hello Everyone,

We posted when we first got our tortoise and we used the good advice and info sheets on the forum to set up our habitats. Our tortoise has both and inside and outside habitats & is outside as often as possible depending on weather etc. Now that is has been over a year we wanted to check in again. Our main Q is how does the growth look? This is our first tortoise and we'd love to hear feedback on how ours looks & opinions about normal scute growth. He (guess) has grown a lot but all of the scutes and not even or perfectly flat. Mostly, he seems healthy and happy (although he often spends considerable time in his hide). I also took a pic of the underside and we'd love to hear your ideas re: if "he" is a boy or girl.
Thanks,
Texas Tortoise

Attachments

• IMG_8093.jpg
    IMG_8093.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_8094.jpg
    IMG_8094.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_8096.jpg
    IMG_8096.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_8100.jpg
    IMG_8100.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_8105.jpg
    IMG_8105.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_8104.jpg
    IMG_8104.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_8103.jpg
    IMG_8103.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 52

Careym13

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northern Virginia
I think you have a nice looking Leopard there, good job. I have no idea on the gender, a year old is usually too young to tell. I have 2 Leopards that are a year and a half old and I do know that one is a boy because he flashed me when I was soaking him recently, but that is the only reason I know.

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
Very nice looking leopard! Good job. I also have no guesses on gender.

J.P.

5 Year Member
Philippines
they grow differently so no telling how much it should grow, but it looks great. "it" because sex can't be determined yet.