How do I follow someone ?

Turtleneck123

I have a smartphone and I'm on the tortoise forum app and I have no idea how to follow someone, can someone please leave step by step instructions :)

Pearly

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Texas, Austin area
No, it doesn't for me either. I have iphone and ipad and just never seem to have the time to sit at the desktop. For my lifestyle it just works so much better to get on my mobile devices at random times during day or often at night in bed which my body needs that "horizontal time" desperately after whole day. There seem to be other features that are not accessible or at least for me are not easy to figure out like most of the features of the smart phones are (just common sense, logical sequence type of steps) . I may at some point make a small sacrifice (of my lazy comfort) and drag my laptop to bed one night and see if I get all that working that way, but honestly I've been on this forum for over a year now and have yet to do it. I am a big proponent and worshiper of convenience in those little things in life. There're plenty of sacrifices we must do in daily struggle for survival in the "jungle" of the rat race out there.:)

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
I guess you can't. Also, I have followed some members on my computer but the app doesn't show their content. There's just no feature for that. Thanks for having brought this up!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
@jaizei. should be able to help

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I didn't see anything obvious, though I don't use the app regularly. I think Josh said that the app may be discontinued at some point so I didn't bother getting overly familiar with it.

Serious question; why not just use the browser version, instead of the app? The app seems to be severely limited to me.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Serious question; why not just use the browser version, instead of the app? The app seems to be severely limited to me.

Speaking for myself, as another app user: the browser version is too cluttered to be used regularly on the phone. The app is good for a quick checking of messages/threads. If I need to update personal info though, I go to the browser version--or, better, the laptop.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Speaking for myself, as another app user: the browser version is too cluttered to be used regularly on the phone. The app is good for a quick checking of messages/threads. If I need to update personal info though, I go to the browser version--or, better, the laptop.
Amen to that. Tried the browser on my iphone and... Nah! Not for me. Maybe if browser was the way I've been doing it from the get go, I'd be used to it now but I had started with the app version and it just seems easy and clear cut to me. I just like it and certainly hope it doesn't "go away".

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Am I the only one who still uses a "regular" "computer" to do the tortoise forum?

I bet Yvonne still has an actual computer...

Pearly

5 Year Member
Am I the only one who still uses a "regular" "computer" to do the tortoise forum?

I bet Yvonne still has an actual computer...
Maybe not the only one but I can see how a big percentage of members use their mobile devices for their convenience. I do have a desk top in every room of my house, and 3 laptops, my 11.5 yr old daughter got a brand new Mac for her ballet recital celebration... My husband is a software engineer so he always stays pretty much on top of new technology no matter how resistant I maybe, he manages to keep our household pretty well up to date. I think my lap to and desk top lately serve as a "second device" for my multitasking 9 yr old boys:). I love my iphone! Ipad is my #2. I will be working on my desk top today though so will definitely check out how the site works there:)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I've got an actual computer, too.
It took me about 18 months to learn how to switch it on.
i have progressed little since then.
wifey has an advanced phone thingy.
I refuse to touch it.

Pearly

5 Year Member
I've got an actual computer, too.
It took me about 18 months to learn how to switch it on.
i have progressed little since then.
wifey has an advanced phone thingy.
I refuse to touch it.
Haha! Adam, you crack me up! Sounding just like me! (As "relatives" should remember? Our eyes:))