How can I make my enclosure better?

nicole.selway

Hello everyone,

Here are a few photos of my enclosure, I would love to here all of your feedback on how I can improve it! The breeder said to use earth from the garden as a substrate and spray it daily to keep the humidity levels up and I didn't want to give my little horsefield too much of a change in scenery. I'd love to here all of your top tips to make the enclosure as exciting as possible! ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1492772905.011675.jpg ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1492772945.863396.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1492772961.037462.jpg

counting

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Canada
Soft, more burrow able substrate. Plants, fake or real (though he'd be likely to eat the real a bit, not a bad thing). Some nice warm and flat rocks for basking(natural rocks, not heated). Items to break up the sight barrier so he can't see the whole enclosure at once. More hides.

I'll leave questions about the size, lighting, heat and humidity to the experts.

WithLisa

5 Year Member
Austria
Lots of (real!) plants! Edible weeds and tufts of grass, they would raise the humidity and make a much better and more natural hide than that house.
It's also good exercise for them to dig in between the roots. :)

Taylor T.

5 Year Member
New England
Plants are definitely good. Maybe in one corner you could put some rocks with moss on them or something. Also, pouring water on the substrate is a much easier way to add humidity than spraying.