how can I force feed a tortoise

HorsesAreMyPassion

It takes a while for them to really get warmed up. Make sure that you keep his "summer time" days, by keeping his light on for at least 14 hours a day. This way, hopefully, he'll think it's still summertime and not time to wind down for winter. Once he gets warm and you fool him into thinking it's still summer, maybe a week or two, he'll start eating again.
Thank you I have one more thing I forgot to ask is that also the reason that
Hello :)
I also have a foundling tortoise that I love dearly. Since my tortoise is African, I know that I found an abandoned or unclaimed lost pet.

I was curious how long you've had this tortoise and what circumstances made you feel he needed rehabilitation?
He looked very dry and the crack in his shell and when I found him some kids had him on his back and were messing with him but he was taken earlier today by a Wildlife sanctuary because I believed he should have someone rehabilitate him that has more experience with tortoises I'm more of a mamal person but they called and told me he had swallowed a rock and that's why he wasn't eating but other than that he's healthy for the most part and his crack isn't major just a little bit of some cream that I don't remember the name of and he should be fine and I've had him for about 3 weeks

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
So are you saying that the tortoise is now in the hands of a wildlife sanctuary (its a little hard to understand with no punctuation, sorry)? I doubt he swallowed a rock. Probably what happened is that he has developed a bladder or kidney stone. Many Gopherus tortoises die from this malady...other tortoises too, but mainly the Gopherus species. They're in so much pain from the stone blocking the passages, that they just stop eating.

AnimalLady

Oh poor baby! So, do you still have him or did the WIldlife Sanct come get him?

He needs to be outdoors, really....Hes a native to Florida and needs to be outside!