How are our Texas members????

Greg T

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
League City, TX
Southern side of Houston is good. Aside from some heavy showers, we have no bad flooding at all in this area. Those who live on the west and north side of Houston are having some of the worst flooding ever unfortunately.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
I'm in Austin area, lots of rain, they h ave opened some flood gates on couple of dams, swollen creeks, Lake Travis has finally filled up. No flooding here this year. Last year Memorial day weekend got pretty bad. My house is on top of a hill so no worries here. But how about our San Antonio members? Heard that they got hail the size of a grapefruit!!! @Elohi and @dannylozano10 , not sure who else is there, hope you guys and your property are ok.
Poor Houston really suffers from those floods. Prayers for you guys. Be safe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pearly

5 Year Member
Howdy Texas forum members. I've been wondering how you guys are doing?

Also, a bit concerned for those in and near the Houston area.
How sweet of you to check in with people. Prairie Mom, you have a very special touch, and that's evident in all of your posts not just this one. Thank you

Prairie Mom

Southern side of Houston is good. Aside from some heavy showers, we have no bad flooding at all in this area. Those who live on the west and north side of Houston are having some of the worst flooding ever unfortunately.
Glad you're doing alright. Any guess as to why it's so different for those to the West and North? Is there a pretty big difference in the landscape somehow?

Prairie Mom

All is good on my road . But all around us is flooded . I can make it to work everyday some can't .
Glad to hear home and critters are alright! How crazy that you're safe right smack in the middle of a flood zone! Whew! Glad all is well.

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
Glad you're doing alright. Any guess as to why it's so different for those to the West and North? Is there a pretty big difference in the landscape somehow?

It was just a matter of where the rain fell this time. The showers just sat on the north side for hours and dropped as much as 20 inches in certain areas. That rain quickly filled the bayous and canals and overflowed into neighborhoods and anywhere else that was low ground. They usually don't have such bad flooding issues up there, this was a real surprise.

Prairie Mom

I'm in Austin area, lots of rain, they h ave opened some flood gates on couple of dams, swollen creeks, Lake Travis has finally filled up. No flooding here this year. Last year Memorial day weekend got pretty bad. My house is on top of a hill so no worries here. But how about our San Antonio members? Heard that they got hail the size of a grapefruit!!! @Elohi and @dannylozano10 , not sure who else is there, hope you guys and your property are ok.
Poor Houston really suffers from those floods. Prayers for you guys. Be safe.
HAIL THE SIZE OF GRAPEFRUIT!?!?!?!

I live on a hill too which helped me out when we had some minor flash flooding a few years ago.

I'm glad things are okay where you are. I don't want to imagine your gardens under water:)

Prairie Mom

It was just a matter of where the rain fell this time. The showers just sat on the north side for hours and dropped as much as 20 inches in certain areas. That rain quickly filled the bayous and canals and overflowed into neighborhoods and anywhere else that was low ground. They usually don't have such bad flooding issues up there, this was a real surprise.
Interesting... I'm glad you happened to be under the "right" set of clouds!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Glad to hear home and critters are alright! How crazy that you're safe right smack in the middle of a flood zone! Whew! Glad all is well.
Yeah, It's my luck I'm one of the people that aren't flooded in . My job pays you 8 hours if it's declared a disaster . But if you make it in and work you don't get extra cash . My road had about two feet of water going over it . I have a company truck so they go where personal trucks don't .hahaha

Pearly

5 Year Member
We live in Fresno, Texas. South of Houston near Missouri City and Sugar Land. This is Kendall.View attachment 199094
Hi guys and Kendall, and hello from Austin area. I have two juvenile redfoots and absolutely love them! My first torts ever! Got them for my then 10 yr old but ended up taking over the whole deal and loving it:) Kendall is beautiful!