Holy cow - $12,075 for sulcatas

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Neverland!
4" & 5" kept on pellets.. Classic!
Still doesn't beat the 13k "Starburst" Leopard.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Obviously a typo.

I sure hope they find a better home than where they are now.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Today was the first time I've seen that site. Almost every turtle and tortoise advertised there was over priced.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
woohoo I am rich.

M

Maggie Cummings

At that price I'd say she's gonna end up taking them when she moves, or dropping them at a rescue...

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I too think it's a typo. Poor things, living on pellets. I never understood how anyone would think any animal should live on pellets. I have raised many animals, including rabbits and would never think to raise them on pellets. Is there a place in this world that pellets is growing wild on the ground. Okay, I'm over it now. Someone should send them an email and get the price corrected, so the poor things can find a better proper home.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I sent an email alerting them to the price discrepancy/typo, and offering my assistance in finding a good rescue if they run out of time to find homes.

That is rather silly. $12,000 for a few $40 Sulcatas? Mmhm, riight. Good luck with that... ;)

Edit: That is, if this stupid site will let me send the email. Grumble. What do you mean my message is to long? Darn you!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I wondered how so many like-minded people all found that particular classified site. Many, many tortoises advertised at high prices. AND, if you noticed, Taylor, that Roman tortoise was called a "Roman" tortoise because he eats ROMAN lettuce (not romaine!).

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I had never even heard of that site. Oh geeze, I just spent the last 20 minutes perusing the ads to see how bad it is. The tortoise ads are the worst, by far. The lizard ads weren't too atrocious and the snake ads seem pretty standard craigslist-style fare so far. I did see one ad for the rare and elusive "Turtoise"! (Aka... another Russian tortoise)

And, of course! It's in the name, so it must be all they ever need to eat, right? I just... I don't... People are ridiculous. :/

guille24

5 Year Member
wisconsin
Woow ! The other day I found an ad on Craigslist and some girl was asking 700 dollars for a baby Herman's tortoise lol