His Eye Remedy + THANK YOU

NewTortMom0417

I have been reading this forum since I received my adorable hatchling in May. I know for certain he is alive because of the invaluable information you all share here. Thank you for being a resource I can count on and for being committed to helping us learn. I hope you never underestimate how powerful this knowledge is to a brand new tortoise owner. I mean that with the upmost sincerity.

And a little update - I switched my MVB to 100W from 125W and started applying Terramycin 3x per day. I've been hand feeding my baby because he couldn't open his eyes to see the food, it's been about 4 days now, BUT this morning, he opened them and ate, completely on his own! Not only that, his eyes are clear, not swollen and look healthy.

I am going out of town on Friday and have been beside myself stressed. Not anymore.

FullSizeRender.jpg

NewTortMom0417

It's not just the wattage, but the distance the bulb is from the animal.
I'm very happy that he is doing better.

Oh yes, very true. Ironically enough, that is the one piece I had right, along with the soaking, which is probably what kept him from baking. Mark helped me with temperatures and distance in my post yesterday as well, we are giving him a bit of time to recoup from the high temps and bright light. So far, he seems much, much happier.