hill climbing

keepergale

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
san diego
Very cute. Quite the little mountaineer. Do you worry about it falling off of there? I assume it will fall off. The local pet stores also sell a little bridge type thing that has a single purpose of letting little tortoises climb up on it. They readily use them but even with thick "bedding" I don't want my little guys falling.

shade

Ohio
Very cute. Quite the little mountaineer. Do you worry about it falling off of there? I assume it will fall off. The local pet stores also sell a little bridge type thing that has a single purpose of letting little tortoises climb up on it. They readily use them but even with thick "bedding" I don't want my little guys falling.

sure was worried. was ready to put em down and he went down fake flower. did not think he would try it at 5 months old
enclosure is on computer desk next to me so i keep close eye on em

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
If you bury the "mountain" a little bit into the substrate, it will lessen the chance of a fall and tip over. The ash tray isn't his water bowl, right?:oops:

shade

Ohio
If you bury the "mountain" a little bit into the substrate, it will lessen the chance of a fall and tip over. The ash tray isn't his water bowl, right?:oops:

ash tray was water try keep more humid. removed as he climbing. he was just climbing log hut so ill have the change mountain

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
A standing, open container of water wont do much for humidity. What I do and have had great success with is use a container of water just tall enough so that the tortoise cant fall into, half buried in the substrate to make it tip over proof. Then add an aquarium air bubble stone, line and pump. It speeds up the evaporation and works well if you have the room.