Hibiscus?

tortoiseplanet

Location (City and/or State)
Earth
Great food if you are sure its not sprayed with any pesticides or other chemicals.

Sorry I didn't know how to create a new thread but anyways my tortoise hasn't been eating anything for the last few days and there are bubbles coming out of her nose. She also makes noises because of the fluid in her nose. Plus, she is never awake. Probably sleeps 20 hours a day.

tortoiseplanet

Earth
There's a picture of the bubble. And the rescue never told me what kind of tortoise so do u have any idea?ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1495904102.246657.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1495904117.772337.jpg

Yo Adrien

Clearwater, FL
OMG! Find a reptile vet ASAP! I'm relatively new to tort keeping, but am a nurse, that sounds like respiratory infection! Very dangerous for little torts!! Start a new thread and ask more experienced members, but I'm sure all will say find a vet-STAT!! Good luck to you and your tort. Sending positive thoughts, Wherever you are.

Yo Adrien

Clearwater, FL
That tort needs medicine immediately and proper environment to recover!!! What temps and humidity percentage is she kept in? What equipment do you have to make adjustments for sick torts needs? Pics of current enclosure and current temps/humidity help tremendously!! These members want to help any animal they can!! Details enable this!! Best of luck and well wishes. Thank you for rescuing this creature, please help it recover. Keep us posted. :)

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
Respiratory infection definitely. Needs to be kept 80f at least at all times. Basking spot of 100. This resulted from NOT keeping him warm enough. It's common for new members to have this issue because correct info isn't given to them when they get the tortoise. A reptile vet will be able to give him a shot of antibiotics. Needs a vet.

tortoiseplanet

Earth
Respiratory infection definitely. Needs to be kept 80f at least at all times. Basking spot of 100. This resulted from NOT keeping him warm enough. It's common for new members to have this issue because correct info isn't given to them when they get the tortoise. A reptile vet will be able to give him a shot of antibiotics. Needs a vet.

Thank you for your help. Without you guys she probably would of died. I'm going to get her medication from a professional immediately. Will boost up enclosure temps and I'll keep you guys posted on recovery :)

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
How is the little one doing now? Best wishes for her recovery!

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
While she's sick it's probably best to up temps to 85f instead of the normal 80f. That means the darkest spot of her enclosure needs to be 85f. When she stops showing symptoms you can lower it back to 80...a couple weeks probably.