Hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matilda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hello I am a new member:), I have had torts for 5 years now and have Leopard's and Hermann's:)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
A warm hello and welcome to you, Matilda! How did you happen to decide on those two types of torts?

Matilda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi Jacqui,

I went for Leopards because I knew someone who had a couple and I thought they were the most beautiful things, but I actually bought my first Hermann before I bought the Leo's because I was advised that they are easier to look after for beginners. After buying my Hermann I started to do a lot of research on torts and found out the way my friends Leo's were being housed and fed was completely wrong, but she wouldn't believe me unfortunately :(

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Glad you did the research. It's amazing how well they do seem to do for folks who don't take proper care of them. Torts just have an amazing will to survive it seems. What really hurts is when someone is apparently doing all the right things and still their animal fails to survive.

You'll just have to keep subtly giving her pointers and ideas. Maybe someday, you'll get her thoughts changed around.

Matilda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I meant unfortunately because she carried on keeping them in a tiny vivarium and feeding them cabbage, carrot and fruit!

I wish I knew how the torts are now but my friend moved away and we lost touch. The torts had grown so quickly and everything that they were very bumpy and very light in colour.

Rees2

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Santa Cruz California
Oh yeah thats really bad but I thought worse like they they um died because the ill tretment.

Status
Not open for further replies.