Hi! I'm new here...

SaraP

Location (City and/or State)
Northern CA
Hi! I'm new and I like tortoises!

I'm in the research and development phase of things so no tortoises yet, just reading the forums, sifting through the internet, and ogling photos of tortoise enclosures. Northern California is home right now but soon Southern Arizona will be so I'm leaning toward Egyptian tortoises. I like the look, size, and reported temperament of them as well as the idea that if I become an accomplished tortoise keeper, I might be able to breed more of a critically endangered species. I'd like to meet some before making a final decision though.

Anyway, I'm here for the advice and guidance and it's nice to meet all of you!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome be sure to do your research on this forum. Way too much of the info out there is wrong, bad and outdated.

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
Hi welcome to the Forum! If you go up to the top where it says forums and click then scroll down to Mediterranean tortoises and click you'll see Egyptian and Greek tortoises as your next options. There's plenty to read about both.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Hi, Sara, welcome from Texas! I like the idea of breeding endangered species. Wishing you best of luck on your research and decision making. Great to have you here. I keep the Redfooted.