hi everyone , I have some question for my sulcata , need some help!

clive168

I have about 50 sulcata size about 45-59cm ,recently some large sulcata sudden death phenmenon,died one or two days before eating, anatomical found intestinal there a lot of food not ranked out of body,can someone can give me some breeding advice?

We are location at China and north of the canton,summer about 30-38c we keep the sulcata at open area ,there is full of tree , clay,grass and vegetable and have a couple pools for them。but in winter there only 0-15c we keep them in green house provide proper temperature about 23-28c with water heat by coal ,if there have sunshine , we will let the sulcata outside for the sunshine,
Food always high fiber and Napier grass ,black grass , vegetable , fruit , and
over 10 kinds of grass all suitable for animals with no posion.
Cuttlefish and Oxytetracycline provide sometime.

Otherwise and everyone can let me know the sulcata reproduction?is there anything need to provide for them and when will the mating period? How long will lay eggs after mating? What will I need to offer for them?

Thanks everyone , and hope someone kindly will give me some advise!

Clive

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Clive, and welcome to the Forum!

Usually you put a male and female sulcata together, they breed, she digs a hole and lays eggs. It happens all by itself with no interference from the human care taker. At that size, you should see breeding and egg laying. Are you sure you have males AND females?

I'd love to see some pictures of your tortoises and the space they live in.

clive168

I have about 20 male and 30 female , size about 45-60cm , and I want to attach photos , but I don't know how, upload always error ,

clive168

Usually you put a male and female sulcata together, they breed, she digs a hole and lays eggs. It happens all by itself with no interference from the human care taker. At that size, you should see breeding and egg laying. Are you sure you have males AND females?

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1422507817.381531.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1422507846.219436.jpg

clive168

Oh I can upload photos now,ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1422507907.671315.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1422507923.657897.jpg