Hi can anyone help - lost tortoise paperwork in UK

JSK

hi all i'm new to this ..

I've had my tortoises a few year they came with licenses, I've become very ill so bare with me I am struggling to remember things at the best of times.

My mum kept the licences and now cant find them can I get replacements

I have a male & female pair that are a breeding pair but have never done it mainly because I'm not confident with them always doubting myself with habitat food and everything. I got them around age 7 and 8 years old. Lovely pair so now I think there about 13 and 14 years.

A friend has been looking after them and i think their Hermann's but she thinks their spur thiged

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

I'm assuming you must be in the UK. I don't know the rules about paperwork for tortoises in the UK, so we'll have to wait for some of our UK members to help you out. I'll change the subject title to reflect your problem so more UK members might see it and respond.

We have a very good care sheet for the hermanni tortoise species. Take a look at it and see if it helps you feel a bit more confident.

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/sticky-hermanns-tortoise-care-sheet-updated.101410/

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
hi all i'm new to this ..

I've had my tortoises a few year they came with licenses, I've become very ill so bare with me I am struggling to remember things at the best of times.

My mum kept the licences and now cant find them can I get replacements

I have a male & female pair that are a breeding pair but have never done it mainly because I'm not confident with them always doubting myself with habitat food and everything. I got them around age 7 and 8 years old. Lovely pair so now I think there about 13 and 14 years.

A friend has been looking after them and i think their Hermann's but she thinks their spur thiged
High there, by law you only need a licence to sell or breed certain species I think. To keep or give away no license is required.
Have you had them chipped too, you should be able to go to the vets and retrieve any info on your torts if chipped.
I just googled at random and found this.
I'm a bit rusty on this info because the species I keep don't require a licence at all in the uk.
Hope this helps and welcome to the forum.

http://www.tortoise-protection-group.org.uk/site/82.asp

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
hi there! sorry only just be able to get on, i'll ask the mrs to dig out ours and see if there's any information that will help