hi all..

worried

Am from India , and am having a tortoise which is acquatic , from last few day he is not consuming anything , am worried .. guyz please help me out ...
one thing else I don't know the breed of my tortoise , the color is green and he has red slides on his ears..

please help me out..

worried

I need some time , actually am in office , the time I reach home will be like posting the pic of his..
and what about the reason of not consuming food..

worried

exactly , I use to feed him the green moulds which are the brand of Taikyo , before he use have max 80 moulds but right now he is not even having 8 ..

worried

sure that will be a good idea if possibility will forward you the whole video. then it will be easy to judge and take the right decision,, what say..

worried

true , for your kind information am the new member am not aware of anything .. though you being a grandpa no need to act over smart..

worried

am sorry for being rude, actually being frank and openly speaking I want to learn the things that's the reason am here, please forgive me GRAND PAA..

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

Your tortoise is really a turtle, and it is more than likely a red ear slider (Trachemys scripta elegans). Water turtles need to be under water in order to eat. They can't swallow food out on dry land. Do you have a landing area where he can get out of the water? And you need a light positioned over the landing so he can sit there and warm up. The ideal water temperature for water turtles is around 76 to 84 degrees Fahrenheit. Do not allow the water temperature to fall below 75 degrees Fahrenheit. An aquarium thermometer is needed to monitor the temperature. The basking site for red ear sliders should be between 82 and 88 degrees Fahrenheit. So "normal" doesn't cut it, you need a thermometer to know the temperature. The water is probably too cold and that's why he's not eating. Turtles, being cold blooded animals, need an outside heat source to be able to warm up their inner core or they can't digest their food.

worried

Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

Your tortoise is really a turtle, and it is more than likely a red ear slider (Trachemys scripta elegans). Water turtles need to be under water in order to eat. They can't swallow food out on dry land. Do you have a landing area where he can get out of the water? And you need a light positioned over the landing so he can sit there and warm up. The ideal water temperature for water turtles is around 76 to 84 degrees Fahrenheit. Do not allow the water temperature to fall below 75 degrees Fahrenheit. An aquarium thermometer is needed to monitor the temperature. The basking site for red ear sliders should be between 82 and 88 degrees Fahrenheit. So "normal" doesn't cut it, you need a thermometer to know the temperature. The water is probably too cold and that's why he's not eating. Turtles, being cold blooded animals, need an outside heat source to be able to warm up their inner core or they can't digest their food.
that's cool, thank you for giving me the idea of basic,, at before I wasn't aware of anything..
I will keep this all in my mind and let you know as soon as possible..

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
Actually, I find that folks in India whom need help identifying or caring for their turtles usually have Pangshura tecta or Geoclemys hamiltonii as often as they have Red Ears.

At this point, "worried" has given us nothing, so we can give him nothing in return. Hoping he can provide a photo so we can identify the turtle species and the appropriate care for that specific species.

worried

hi all this is my turtle now please tell me whether he is healthy and how to maintain him..

20170109_135401.jpg