Hey Guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypurchick

5 Year Member
Hey Guys,

I was just surfing around the net and happened to come across this forum. Awesome, didn't even know there was a forum specifically for tortoises. I am from NS, Canada. I have kept reptiles for the last 5 years. I keep many different snakes and lizards and amphibs and I khave previously kept a redfoot tortoise. Now, I currently have a sulcata and one that has been identified as a " golden greek" I will post pics and see if anyone can give me more info.
I am part of a reptile rescue society out this way Ssafe Haven for Reptiles, I co-own a business out here selling reptiles and supplies UniquExotics, I am currently part of the organizing committee for the Atlantic Canada Reptile Expo and I help run a Canadian Reptile forum (www.thereptileforum.com). I keep pretty busy, all the while, working full time as a nurse in long term care.
I am glad I found this site, as it's difficult to find other tortoise keepers. Not many people who keep torts on the other forums around.

Here is a more recent pic of one of my kittens with my sulcata " Lord Tortington" And a pic to introduce you to me :)

bestfriends2.jpg

bestfriends.jpg

andreacat.jpg

Stazz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Welcome to the forum Hypurchick !!!!! This is a really awesome forum, I've learned so so much here, and keep on learning!!!
Wow you sound pretty busy with all your reptile stuff going on, thumbs up to you :)

micki

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
uk
hi and welcome to the forum.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Welcome to the forum Hypurchick, Lord Tortington and your Golden Greek (Does it have a name?). Oh and your Kitties (is your kitten a seal point?) are very pretty.

Hypurchick

5 Year Member
Crazy1 said:
Welcome to the forum Hypurchick, Lord Tortington and your Golden Greek (Does it have a name?). Oh and your Kitties (is your kitten a seal point?) are very pretty.

Hey

Thanks for the welcome folks. My golden greek's name is Taluscoo (don't ask.. lol) I have attached some pics from before and after. Someone said it's a golden greek, and I went by that, I got him from someone who thought it was a sulcata..(idiots). The kittens are tortipoint I THINK.. My cat is a seal point and dad was a flame point, they still might turn out seal who knows..

HPIM0053.jpg

HPIM1412.jpg

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
not golden though....my that s/he was such a cute hatchling! What is his SCL measurement? Danny might be able to sex it for you if you post a plasteron pic (scl=straight carapace length...if you are unsure how to measure, look around here, someone has posted the process)

bettinge

5 Year Member
Upstate NY
Good to have you here! I'm sure someone from a reptile rescue society will have much to add!
I love NS buy the way. I will be there again, or rather traveling thru it, on my way to Newfoundland in August!

JourneyTort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
Hi Hypurchick, I am on the other forum also, from Ontario.

This is a great forum with a few very experienced tort people.

JourneyTort

Weloveourtortoise

5 Year Member
Gardner, MA
Hi Hypurchick,
Welcome to the forum! You are a marvel of energy to keep up with all those activities!!!! The torts are adorable, as well as your cats.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Welcome to the forum :)

You do have a Greek tortoise :D, but like Meg said not a "Golden" greek. I would need to see a plastron and rear of the carapace pictures to give a go at telling subspecies.

Danny

desertsss

5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum and kudos on all your work!!! Beautiful family you have there. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.