He's not eating..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ben_jammin

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Sunny Arizona
I have a 3 month old sulcata, his name is Benji, and ive had him for about 2 weeks. He has always eaten regularly, and is a really active tort. I noticed the past few days that he has been quite lethargic and this morning he barley ate a thing. He was up really late last night with me while I was wrapping presents and was wandering around my living room. Is there anything that could be wrong? or do I just have a lazy little tort..?

:/

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
How is he housed, what are your temps and where did you get him?

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
if you let him wander around the floor, its probably too cold or he may have earen something he shouldnt...

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Yes I learned the hard way about keeping my sully to cold when I was getting him out because he got a URI. Then we had a $340 vet bill and had to give Cooper 4 shots. Plus you have to make sure there isn't anything on the floor he can eat because they just love to eat things they find laying about. I hope he recovers from whatever the problem is, good luck! :)

ben_jammin

5 Year Member
Sunny Arizona
I don't have a thermometer in his casa..it seems quite warm and he seemed to still be eating, just not as much? He was away from his heat lamp for about 3 hours or so..could that be why he is out of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.