1. Hello guest! Are you a Tortoise enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tortoise keepers to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tortoise and enclosure and have a great time with other Tortoise keepers. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email us using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of this page!

Hero Dog Saves Kittens Left For Dead

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chit Chat' started by laramie, Dec 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laramie

laramie New Member

2. cherylim

cherylim New Member

That's a wonderful story - thanks for sharing. Those poor other kittens :( But at least two survived.
  3. Yvonne G

Yvonne G Old Timer Staff Member

Must be too many people trying to access the story. It won't open for me.

Many years ago, when my 3 kids were all under 5 years of age, we had a German Shorthair Pointer. She used to go next door and steal the kittens, bringing them home and putting them in her dog bed.
  4. wellington

wellington Active Member Staff Member

Warm heart indeed:shy: Love those kind of stories. Dogs are more than just mans best friend. (Just to clarify, I don't love the animal abuse part of that story, I for one would hang the people for a slow death if I could. But I love the kindness of animals towards others part of the story)
  5. Yvonne G

I've been looking for a doberman pup. I've always had dobermans and I love the way they get attached to their person. But reading stories like this one, makes me wonder if a lab might work just as well. I'm looking for a companion dog that will offer me a bit of protection, living alone as I do.
  6. laramie

laramie New Member

I think a lab would be perfect Yvonne:D
  7. Laura

Laura Active Member

and... wether is dobi or lab.. you can contact a rescue... and get one that is out of the puppy stage! look up Dobi or Lab Rescue Central Calif.. and Im sure you can find something...
  8. african cake queen

african cake queen Active Member

thanks, great stort! love that stuff.
  9. dmarcus

dmarcus Active Member

Great story...
  10. Yvonne G

No, because of all my cats, I have to start with a puppy so I can de-sensitize her from the cats.
  11. ShadowRancher

ShadowRancher New Member

I love labs, I've had them all my life and am convinced they are the pkerfect dog ;). We had a black lab when I was very young and she was practically my babysitter...jazzy and I would just wander off into the woods together and my mom would never worry, she would even pick the burrs off my coat with her teeth once we got home.
  12. ALDABRAMAN

ALDABRAMAN KEEPER AT HEART

Outstanding.
  13. Terry Allan Hall

Terry Allan Hall Active Member

A Rottweiler is what you want, then...intelligent, excellent companions, fiercely loyal and utterly fearless in protecting "their" humans.

Labs are great "buddy" dogs, but not always very good protection, and Dobies are unpredictable, in that they sometimes flip out towards their owners and it's impossible to know when/if it's going to happen.

Rotties have been given an undeserved reputation as "bad dogs" but they're an excellent breed for a woman living alone.
  14. Yvonne G

My son, who lives in Texas, has had two Rottweilers and has just really loved each of them. The one he has now uses a pick-up truck tire as a "play purdy." I have thought about it, because I liked both of his dogs.