Hero Dog Saves Kittens Left For Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

cherylim

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Leyland, UK
That's a wonderful story - thanks for sharing. Those poor other kittens :( But at least two survived.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Must be too many people trying to access the story. It won't open for me.

Many years ago, when my 3 kids were all under 5 years of age, we had a German Shorthair Pointer. She used to go next door and steal the kittens, bringing them home and putting them in her dog bed.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Warm heart indeed:shy: Love those kind of stories. Dogs are more than just mans best friend. (Just to clarify, I don't love the animal abuse part of that story, I for one would hang the people for a slow death if I could. But I love the kindness of animals towards others part of the story)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I've been looking for a doberman pup. I've always had dobermans and I love the way they get attached to their person. But reading stories like this one, makes me wonder if a lab might work just as well. I'm looking for a companion dog that will offer me a bit of protection, living alone as I do.

laramie

5 Year Member
Scottsdale, AZ
emysemys said:
I've been looking for a doberman pup. I've always had dobermans and I love the way they get attached to their person. But reading stories like this one, makes me wonder if a lab might work just as well. I'm looking for a companion dog that will offer me a bit of protection, living alone as I do.

I think a lab would be perfect Yvonne:D

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
and... wether is dobi or lab.. you can contact a rescue... and get one that is out of the puppy stage! look up Dobi or Lab Rescue Central Calif.. and Im sure you can find something...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Laura said:
and... wether is dobi or lab.. you can contact a rescue... and get one that is out of the puppy stage! look up Dobi or Lab Rescue Central Calif.. and Im sure you can find something...

No, because of all my cats, I have to start with a puppy so I can de-sensitize her from the cats.

ShadowRancher

10 Year Member!
Columbia, SC
emysemys said:

I love labs, I've had them all my life and am convinced they are the pkerfect dog ;). We had a black lab when I was very young and she was practically my babysitter...jazzy and I would just wander off into the woods together and my mom would never worry, she would even pick the burrs off my coat with her teeth once we got home.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
emysemys said:

A Rottweiler is what you want, then...intelligent, excellent companions, fiercely loyal and utterly fearless in protecting "their" humans.

Labs are great "buddy" dogs, but not always very good protection, and Dobies are unpredictable, in that they sometimes flip out towards their owners and it's impossible to know when/if it's going to happen.

Rotties have been given an undeserved reputation as "bad dogs" but they're an excellent breed for a woman living alone.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My son, who lives in Texas, has had two Rottweilers and has just really loved each of them. The one he has now uses a pick-up truck tire as a "play purdy." I have thought about it, because I liked both of his dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.