Here is my proper introduction post =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmosuna

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Stanton, CA
OK so I got asked for some pics so I did the whole photobucket thing. Hopefully this turns out good. This is something that me, and my wife and kids are deeply passionate about. I am so happy I found this forum, we get our time with other CTTC members once a month or so but all the turtle nerdiness has to be pent up otherwise =)

For those of you with Facebook please check out and like your rescue page through the link below

Osuna Turtle and Tortoise Rescue

Pond area at night with solar lighting

004-1.jpg

Me doing a talk at a local school showing off Athena our Desert Tort

IMG_0772.jpg

My daughter, Athena and Pixie at an educational talk we did for the 4H club

IMG_0790.jpg

Lorelei loves her Sulcatas Liam and Pixie

IMG_0690.jpg

Sulcatas always love to "help" with yard work
IMG_0977.jpg

Couple guys basking on my pond beach, took almost 600lbs of rock to get this the way I wanted it.

IMG_1627.jpg

Beaker our spiny soft shell

IMG_1605.jpg

Dyna 1 of our 4 Redfoots. We got her and she was dehydrated and flopping our of her shell a little, wouldn't open her eyes. No longer

IMG_1617.jpg

My 6 year old helps out with the tortoise wrangling at the 4H Pet Expo

100_4739.jpg

ShadowRancher

10 Year Member!
Columbia, SC
Very cool, love that you can se the silhouette of one of your aquatics in the night pic. Looks like you and the family have a great outfit going, we are very glad to have you :)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Nice pics
I have to ask is the soft shell in with the other turtles, and do you ever notice any problems (fighting, biting)?

cmosuna

5 Year Member
Stanton, CA
dmmj said:
Nice pics
I have to ask is the soft shell in with the other turtles, and do you ever notice any problems (fighting, biting)?

Never, they all live in complete harmony. I only really noticed that with aquatics in more enclosed spaces like aquariums. We will see how his temperment is when he is a big beast though.

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
great job doing what you're doing! happy family, torts and people!

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Awesome, its cool you take the time to educate kids about reptiles, animals:)

ShadowRancher

10 Year Member!
Columbia, SC
cmosuna said:
dmmj said:
Nice pics

Never, they all live in complete harmony. I only really noticed that with aquatics in more enclosed spaces like aquariums. We will see how his temperment is when he is a big beast though.

I've heard a lot about them being aggressive too but my parents have a beast in their pond that my dad got me as a little guy for my birthday a long time ago...they have a community pond too and haven't had any problems. Snorkel's a sweetie.

cmosuna

5 Year Member
Stanton, CA
ShadowRancher said:
cmosuna said:
dmmj said:
Nice pics

I've heard a lot about them being aggressive too but my parents have a beast in their pond that my dad got me as a little guy for my birthday a long time ago...they have a community pond too and haven't had any problems. Snorkel's a sweetie.

Yeah he does really well with all of them, normally he is in the deeper part of the pond where I have gravel and small rocks. There he buries himself and just pokes his head up and looks around. But on a warm day he gets out and suns himself with everyone else.

IMG_1439.jpg

Jacob said:
Awesome, its cool you take the time to educate kids about reptiles, animals:)

Yep it's a lot of fun, you live close to us Jake, keep an eye out because I will post about the different shows and stuff we will be talking at.

bubbles01

5 Year Member
Corfu, Greece
Great post and fantastic pics. x x (Loving the name Athena for the Greek Tort btw!!)

cmosuna

5 Year Member
Stanton, CA
bubbles01 said:
Great post and fantastic pics. x x (Loving the name Athena for the Greek Tort btw!!)

My wife picked out the name, but alas she is a California Desert Tortoise not a Greek.

jkingler

5 Year Member
Awesome pics! Also, it looks like you do some great work for our chelonian compadres, so thanks for that, and welcome. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.