Help with identifying my tortoise

selina

Iv resiliently been given a tortoise who is in need of some TLC and that is fine with me as i fell in love with him as soon as i him sore them,I was told by the person who owed him that he was a Spur-thighed tortoise but which one.I have him booked in a vet but i have to wait till Thursday.so i was just wondering if anyone as any ideas what kind he could be

15218424_1179166982139084_1608661265_n.jpg

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Calif.
It's a Greek tortoise. Also known as a spur thighed tortoise. There are a Lot of different sub species but the care is pretty much the same for most species. Yours is probably a ibera, but def a Greek tortoise

Kyle

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Hi @selina and a very warm welcome to the forum. :)

I too think it's a Greek tort. However, I am not sure: am no tort expert.

Please read the "Beginners Mistakes" Thread, and ask ANY question. We are here to help. :D Give your tort daily soaks in warm water and make sure there's enough warmth and humidity.

Whereabouts do you live, and what is the weather like back there?

selina

Thank you .Sorry its taken me so long to reply .I live in a little town called Featherstone in west Yorkshire.I have a little bit of knowledge about tortoise as I look after my mother in laws sulcata when they go on holiday .The vet checked him over yesterday and apart for his shell been a little bit missed shaped everything else was fine .

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hello and welcome to TFO Selina

I originate from Yorkshire, but have migrated south to Kent, and know Featherstone. We've had our Greek, Joe, for 46 years :)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco