Help!!!!!!!!!!!!! Urgent!!!!! (how to I.D. tag a cham.)

tortoiseowner101

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Abu Dhabi ,UAE
Hi I'm travelling now and I'm giving my chameleon to a friend who has his siblings, all are neonates and he's taking care of him until I come back
How can I tag him to diffrentiate him from his siblings ?

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
I know absolutely nothing about chameleons, but when I want to mark a bird I use a little nail polish on one of the nails. I don't know if chameleons have long enough nails to do this or not, but it's worth a try.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Hi I'm travelling now and I'm giving my chameleon to a friend who has his siblings, all are neonates and he's taking care of him until I come back
How can I tag him to diffrentiate him from his siblings ?
What type of chameleon? If he has a horn, try putting a dab on polish on that! If not, can you tie a tiny peice of ribbon to his tail?

tortoiseowner101

5 Year Member
Abu Dhabi ,UAE
Thank you all for your replies. He's a 1 1/2 month old veiled. I rubbed some calcium powder on his head so I can distinguish him from other chameleons. I'm pretty sure it's safe cuz when we overdose calcium powder he leaves some calcium deposits on his nostrils

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Thank you all for your replies. He's a 1 1/2 month old veiled. I rubbed some calcium powder on his head so I can distinguish him from other chameleons. I'm pretty sure it's safe cuz when we overdose calcium powder he leaves some calcium deposits on his nostrils
Great! How'd it work out for you guys?