help tortoise (white squiggly lines)

Badi

is this normal for marginated tortoise to have these marks on his shell

Badi

Sorry here is the pictures , he has it all over him image.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:

Badi

Yes, it's perfectly normal for those little white squiggly lines in the keratin,
Oh right its just that they started to appear in the last couple of weeks since his been under his Heat lamp more then usual .

Badi

Oh right will have a look now as i have been reading everything the owner of the shop gave me , plus i will have to talk to the man who works at the shop who sold me him as he obviously does not know what he is talking about , im glad i have found this website , he also walks around the house when im here .

russian/sulcata/tortoise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northern California, bay area
Oh right will have a look now as i have been reading everything the owner of the shop gave me , plus i will have to talk to the man who works at the shop who sold me him as he obviously does not know what he is talking about , im glad i have found this website , he also walks around the house when im here .
sadly most pet stores have no idea what they are taking about:(. yea you should never let your tort walk around your house he can easily eat a dust bunny or a pice of plastic, thats not good for him. do you provide your tort with access to water?