HELP SULCATA IS HURT!

Zeko

5 Year Member
I would soak him in warm water, and see if it relaxes so the rock can be removed.

I would imagine you could hold his leg and pull slightly, so that you could reach the rock?

russian/sulcata/tortoise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northern California, bay area
I would soak him in warm water, and see if it relaxes so the rock can be removed.

I would imagine you could hold his leg and pull slightly, so that you could reach the rock?
he wont put out his leg because of the rock. its to far back to reach. i don't think i should soak him because the rock has entered in body and i don't wham him to fill up with water.

Zeko

5 Year Member
I'm pretty sure if the rock is inside the tortoise, it's going to cause way more problems than gently pulling on the leg and taking it out.

Are you SURE it's inside the tortoise, and not just pushed against the skin and the skin is wrapped around it?

Take a pict.

russian/sulcata/tortoise

5 Year Member
I'm pretty sure if the rock is inside the tortoise, it's going to cause way more problems than gently pulling on the leg and taking it out.

Are you SURE it's inside the tortoise, and not just pushed against the skin and the skin is wrapped around it?

Take a pict.
i can see the skin all torn up and bloody. i can't grab his leg its to far inside his shell.

Zeko

5 Year Member
My guess, the rock has scratched his skin from him sucking in his head and arms.

You need to get his arm out, if you can't force it out by grabbing, then you need to relax the tortoise so his leg/head comes out.

Unless you are 100% sure the rock is "inside" the tortoise, I would bath him in warm water and see. Water will likely relax the tortoise, and possible help work the rock out from between his leg and shell.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Take a deep breath for a minute. Like the above post asked, has the rock actually entered the body cavity or is it just wrapped up in the skin? If you lift your tortoise up and get the weight off his legs will he try to straighten his leg?

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Hold him straight up-and-down with his head up or even hold him like he's laying on his back. This usually makes the tortoise extend their neck out and their legs possibly.

russian/sulcata/tortoise

5 Year Member
Take a deep breath for a minute. Like the above post asked, has the rock actually entered the body cavity or is it just wrapped up in the skin? If you lift your tortoise up and get the weight off his legs will he try to straighten his leg?
its his back leg even when i put him down his leg is still inside his body.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
He needs to get the weight off his legs so lift him up off the floor. He's not a huge tortoise is he?

Zeko

5 Year Member
Please give us a picture or two so we can see what we are working with

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
You may have to get somebody else to help you. And that way they can pull the leg out if he won't.