Help my tortoise does weird noises

Sherrythetortoise

Location (City and/or State)
Oman
Hello I have a small tortoise and she does weird noises as if she has a cold and while sleeping i can see bubbles comes out of her nose sometimes, and sometimes it's like she's choked or something she opens her mouth and yawns a lot, she eats well and kind of active. Unfortunately I can't take her to a vet because I don't have one in my city :(, but if there anything I can do to help keep her alive like antibiotics or nasal drops which one should I get her, or if there any home remedies that might work. Please help :'(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 16

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
It may not be an RI, but anyway keep the temperature at a minimum of 26°C in the day and 24 at night. which shouldn't be a problem where you are.
It is encouraging that she is still active and eating.

Sherrythetortoise

Oman
Thanks for the quick replay :)
I wanted to get her an antibiotics but I think I shouldn't since it's not prescribed by a vet and I'm not sure if she's infected or not. But if I can which antibiotic should I use? Is it the normal one that's for humans and the same for the nasal drops. Thanks a lot!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I believe terramycin can be used but i wouldn't think it necessary at this point.
You cannot use human dosages of anything, of course.
Your tort is still active and eating, i'd just up the temperatures and see what develops.
But I am not a vet.

Sherrythetortoise

Oman
I believe terramycin can be used but i wouldn't think it necessary at this point.
You cannot use human dosages of anything, of course.
Your tort is still active and eating, i'd just up the temperatures and see what develops.
But I am not a vet.
Ok thanks, it's usually 27 C where I live by nature in the daytime, and somewhat between 25 in the night. But we use AC in the night or a fan (not in the room where the tortoise are) It might be the reason why? But I use the fan only during the day just for the ventilation, but do you think the fan isn't necessary? It's however at it's lowest

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Check your day and night temps.
Indeed, the four temps, basking spot, hot side, cool side and overnight low.

Sherrythetortoise

Oman
I have another Herman's tortoise that's almost the same size.
Should I keep him away from her?
I heard that Herman's are less likely to catch it but I'm keeping him away anyways

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Yes, quarantine is essential just in case and disinfecting everything before touching one tort after another etc, see the link I posted.
Also tortoises should never be kept in pairs anyway, it may be stress that is causing the illness in the one.