Help Me!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rascal

5 Year Member
I got this sulcata from someone who Did not take care of it he lived in a plain glass tank with no substrate and living in his own poop he is 7 months old i got him last week and while i was giving him a wash and gently scrubing him with a toothbrush and i noticed this i dont know if its just What he should look like without poop but it looks to me like his scales are coming off like he is rotting or something
download

Attachments

• 0129121822.jpg
    0129121822.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 47

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
What a fantastic rescue :D I would imagine if the tort was living in their feces then it is a good likelihood that there would be scale damage.....I would suggest daily soaks in warm water and keep him hydrated so hopefully his system will be cleared of the bad residual care.....I would not be surprised if he does not bite at his own scales...at least while he is stressed....you I am sure are going to be a huge contrast to what he was surviving previously....

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
The pic is kind of blurry, and I'm not an expert on sulcatas, but I think he looks okay. Does it smell bad or look infected?

rascal

5 Year Member
No it looks like skinish scales like a cross between the 2 they are really smooth

Here is a better pic
GEDC0017.jpg

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
I would just keep him clean and dry and let him heal. Go easy with the scrubbing for a while because it looks tender.

rascal

5 Year Member
ascott said:
What a fantastic rescue :D I would imagine if the tort was living in their feces then it is a good likelihood that there would be scale damage.....I would suggest daily soaks in warm water and keep him hydrated so hopefully his system will be cleared of the bad residual care.....I would not be surprised if he does not bite at his own scales...at least while he is stressed....you I am sure are going to be a huge contrast to what he was surviving previously....

kimber_lee_314 said:
I would just keep him clean and dry and let him heal. Go easy with the scrubbing for a while because it looks tender.

Will do so do you think his scales are falling off?

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
It does look like he lost some scales. They will grow back eventually. Just keep the area clean, and if there are any open wounds, use some antibiotic ointment on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.