Help me,please,My turtle shedding

well,uv bought an Indian roofed turtle from a pet shop.(i live in south asia,bangladesh). he is active n playful.
Though uv set a basking place for my kochu(turtle name) in his tank,i hvnt yet bought a uvb li8.
bt i make him bask under the sun everyday. he luves to bask these n little goes under water.
bt problem is, he is s

well,uv bought an Indian roofed turtle from a pet shop.(i live in south asia,bangladesh). he is active n playful.
Though uv set a basking place for my kochu(turtle name) in his tank,i hvnt yet bought a uvb li8.
bt i make him bask under the sun everyday. he luves to bask these n little goes under water.
bt problem is, he is shedding his scutes.
i don't find any wrong with him without this.he is well n um giving his meal 2days after.
so what's wrong?

my turtle is an aquatic turtle.he is an Indian roofed one.
he is active n playful.i bought it 21 days ago.yet i hvnt managed a uvb li8,bt,i manage to make him bask under the sun everyday. he is happy.
he is eating. uv no questions abt tht.he is shedding n it makes me anxious.
what should i do?

Attachments

• 1455273857955.jpg
    1455273857955.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 20
look u guys dnt hlp actually. i hardly get hlp from u.my turtle is shedding n y idk.
now hlp me out to sort it out.
do u hve any questions? pls ask me,i will give u the answers.
um jst wrried

Attachments

• 1455274943270.jpg
    1455274943270.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 21

SarahChelonoidis

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Toronto, Canada
Three hours have passed since you started asking (and much of the membership are in timezones where those hours aren't awake ones). Give it time.

Post better photos. That one is not clear. Tell us details about how you are keeping this turtle. Turtles shed, that's part of life, whether there is anything wrong with yours is hard to tell from limited detail and a blurry photo.

ya,i knw.bt i dnt use filter in my water n i haven't bought uvb li8.so these things matter to me.
bt uv ensured my turtle to bask under the sun.
i give him food 2days after consistentlly

swhip

I had a red ear slider and he started shedding and I called petsmart and they said it was normal for them to shed their shells. I don't know how reliable they are, but he was just fine!

swhip

I had a red ear slider and he started shedding and I called petsmart and they said it was normal for them to shed their shells. I don't know how reliable they are, but he was just fine! Don't know if it's the same for other breeds

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hard to tell from the picture if this is normal shedding or not. Wait and see what happens. It's usually only a thin, clear top layer of keratin that sheds off. If this turns out to be more than that, you should visit a turtle vet.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
I guess your post is duplicated. I answered the other one, then found this one too.

Tent turtles do shed their top layers of the scutes regularly if healthy. Your picture is too poor a quality to see if it is normal shedding or a problem, but shedding itself is good and healthy. Post some good pictures if there are areas you are concerned about so we can see what you are talking about.

uv posted 4 times on one topic.at first, i din't gt any ntfctns
so i was confused.
that's y, i posted 4 times

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
A very warm welcome to the forum! :tort:

Please take it easy and don't panic. You will get the help you need.

I live in Jordan, which is also a very poor country, and vets for torts are NOT available, but OLI :<3: (my beloved Greek tort) and I are both living with it: there is no other choice I'm afraid. :(

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Hard to tell from the picture if this is normal shedding or not. Wait and see what happens. It's usually only a thin, clear top layer of keratin that sheds off. If this turns out to be more than that, you should visit a turtle vet.
Vets for torts are NOT available in relatively poor countries. :( Asia and Africa are one world, Europe, the U.S.A, Canada, Australia and New Zealand are another; with respect to everyone.

well,um new here n um nt used to this app.well,uv few questions. i don't know hw to edit posts that uv posted in here.
n if uv posted 5 posts in here,y it's showing 3 posts in participated???y don't i get notificationss like fb regarding my posts?
previously, uv posted 5 posts n which were all abt my turtle shedding scutes. uv hlped by some.bt that wasn't enough,i think.
uv one more question regarding my turtle, can i use human being's ointments to turtle?
can i found novlesan n benadine in pharmacy?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi and welcome
Someone will be along soon to help with your question, meanwhile have you tried typing the ointments in the search facility to see if there's any information about them there?
What sort of turtle/tortoise do you have and is it injured?
if you post some pics of it then you may get more accurate advice.
Hope he will be OK
I use a laptop and there is an edit/delete option is available for about 15 mins after posting