Help (how to get a tortoise to U.S. from Japan)

SOCHI

I'm moving back to America, I bought a Russian tortoise while I was in japan and I don't know ho to get it to America. Any suggestions thanks.

S
O
C
H
I

Blakem

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
California
Try searching it through Google. You will obviously have to ship it. Others who may have experienced this will chime in in a few hours.

SOCHI

I'm moving back to America, I bought a Russian tortoise while I was in japan and I don't know ho to get it to America. Any suggestions thanks.

S
O
C
H
I
Try searching it through Google. You will obviously have to ship it. Others who may have experienced this will chime in in a few hours.
thanks, will fedex or ups work.

SOCHI

Are these nails to long.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 41

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
They're getting too long. My Russians nails never get long because he digs and climbs around all of the time outside.

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
The nails are not too long if the tortoise is living on a proper substrate. The combination of long nails and a hard floor can lead to foot and leg damage. That damage can occur even with short nails,so change the environment, not the nails. Walking around the house is not good for your tortoise. The nails are fine.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I know nothing about taking animals overseas. But can you take him on the plane like some people do dogs?maybe in one of those very small animal carriers that fit under the seat? Just an idea.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the TFO from AZ, USA . Many years a go I payed to bring a cat from Germany to the U.S. It cost me almost $2000.00 and yes it was a stray cat but the ex wife wanted it . Best wishes on the tort !

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

SOCHI

Does anybody know if you can bring tortoises on Asiana airlines?

I have I Russian tortoise.

SOCHI thanks

visco

5 Year Member
Taiwan
maybe you could just give them a call??
I personally would not rely on info I got on a forum for something like this... they could even prob. tell you what the crating requirements are.

FLINTUS

5 Year Member
Watery Wiltshire in the UK
Some airlines will accept them, generally as cargo, but I think a few-maybe United do?- allow them in the cabin for a fee. The main problem would be the import and export CITES permits.