Help getting rid of tortoise? :(

Kittieprism

I live in central Florida and I've had my tortoise for a year now but I have no space for him and not enough time or money to take care of him anymore and I just think he'd be happier with a different owner but I'm not sure what to do with him.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Kittie: We have a 100 post rule - "Because we want to encourage new members to participate in our conversations, and not to just use the forum for buying/selling/etc. we have adopted a 100 post rule. New members must have participated in at least 100 posts before they can avail themselves of the classified threads."

But if you just want to adopt him out for free, you can post a thread telling about him and where you are and maybe a picture, in the "adoptions" section.

ValerieFL

I live in central Florida and I've had my tortoise for a year now but I have no space for him and not enough time or money to take care of him anymore and I just think he'd be happier with a different owner but I'm not sure what to do with him.
I am in central Florida and have a number of tortoises. What kind do you have? I would gladly take a new one.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I have a number of tortoises.
Howdy Valerie from Florida. You seem to be experiencing exactly what I experienced. So many tortoises and not enough homes so I just started collecting tortoises to provide them with a better life.
So what about you? Do you own a large piece of land for housing these tortoises? That was what I ended up needing to do. In the beginning I had a huge desire to breed the tortoise and make $ on the side. Soon I realized that I was putting more out and creating exactly what I wanted not to do so I stopped that after only one year. All of that said, how about a little about you folks?
Head over to off topic chit-chat and find the thread about just talking. Get to know people, and then they'll get to know you as well. Ok. Enough of all that. Good night and I'll look for you on off topic Chit-Chat 2.14

JLM

5 Year Member
Pensacola Florida
I live in the panhandle and am in search of an adult redfoot. Please share info about your tort!

the Turtle Shepherd

nowhere
there must be a humane society you could surrender your pet to, do not give up, they will help find a home for him/her :)