Help (eyes closed, not moving head)

Dinamary

my Greek tortoise is about 5 months is not open his eyes not moving only his head in and out ... I being soak him in Baby carrots food

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
Welcome to the forum, @Dinamary .

Please post pics of your tort and his/her enclosure so as to enable us to help you more easily.

Read the "Beginners Mistakes" Thread and the care sheets and keep asking questions if and when you need help.

Where do you live and what is the weather like back there now?

yillt

my Greek tortoise is about 5 months is not open his eyes not moving only his head in and out ... I being soak him in Baby carrots food
When did this start? When did he last eat and what are the temps and humidity of his enclosure? Soak him in warm water for 15 mins twice daily (which it sounds like your doing so well done.) Are you sure he's not just basking? If he is not responsive, lightly tap his head and if he doesn't move, open his eye lid.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Dinamary, and welcome to the Forum!

You've not given us much to go on. It's like you called the doctor on the phone and said my arm hurts when I do this. Then hang up without showing or telling him more info.

It would be a big help to us if we could see a picture of the tortoise's habitat, with the tortoise in the picture. Also show us the lights.