Help! Ant infestation remedy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

solarsystemaligned

5 Year Member
Madortoise, help is here. I work with Combat. You should use our Source Kill Max gels on their trail to the tank and the cricket keeper bin. Combat Source Kill Max works in 3-5 days to get rid of the ants. The ants will take the gel back to the colony and share it with the other ants destroying them. The Source Kill Max baits are effective long lasting solution to your ant problem.

Madortoise

5 Year Member
Thanks, Solarsystemaligned! I'm tired of getting crickets attacked by ants. I'm sending my husband w/a list of grocery and this is going to be on it (aside from vanilla ice cream.)

Madortoise

5 Year Member
BTW--combat stuff didn't work at all at my house. They don't go near it and it was kind of messy. Thanks for the tip, though. Right now, it's somewhat under control--it's only in bathroom and if I don't leave crickets or a bowl of water in the cage, they won't go into to attack on geckos in living room. Thank goodness our ants don't care for gecko diet.

Madortoise

5 Year Member
I humbly take back what I said about the combat product. It's true I could not use it for inside of the house b/c of the mess it made, but it prevented ants from coming inside when I put it outside around the window. Summer & Winter with any extreme weather (as extreme as it can get in So-Cal), ants have not been back. :)
FYI

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Madortoise said:
I humbly take back what I said about the combat product. It's true I could not use it for inside of the house b/c of the mess it made, but it prevented ants from coming inside when I put it outside around the window. Summer & Winter with any extreme weather (as extreme as it can get in So-Cal), ants have not been back. :)
FYI

Hey Mado. Did you see this one? I am still 100% ant free.

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-Ant-Solution

Madortoise

5 Year Member
Tom said:
Madortoise said:
FYI

Hey Mado. Did you see this one? I am still 100% ant free.

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-Ant-Solution

Hi Tom! Yes,That's what I use indoor. I must have bought 80 dozen of them in the past 2 years. I like using it when ants invade, but it does not seem to prevent them from coming inside. That's been my experience. Combat stuff left outside appeared to repel ants from coming inside.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I know nothing about lizards but I do know that cinnamon works.

Madortoise

5 Year Member
Ha! The same day my DT woke up the ants are back again inside the kitchen. 3/10/11 journal entry.

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Southeast Texas
we always used ground cinammon on the window sills or other places ants would get into the house when I was a kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.