Helloooooo There

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamieLikesTrees

5 Year Member
Hi my name is Jamie, Mozart is the tortoise. We live in Salt Lake, Utah.

I got him today from a person who got this tortoise as a Christmas gift for her kids but they lost interest so they have been trying to get ride of him. I wasn't planning on getting a Russian tortoise until this coming Friday, but then found out about this one on online classifieds so I got it. :D

www.flickr.com/photos/71361041@N03/6451104343/in/photostream

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Welcome Jaime! Mozart looks like a nice Russian. He was a last year's Christmas gift for her children or did they have him longer then that? Is he your first tortoise ever?

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Welcome to the Forum Jamie.

Thats a nice lookin tort you got there! Since your new to the tortoise raising biz... you should ask EVERY question you can think of! I don't own a Russian myself but I'm sure our Russian owners will answer EVERY question you can come up with... and lots you haven't even dreamed of:D

Utah Lynn

5 Year Member
Welcome Jamie and Mozart. That is a nice looking Russian.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Jamie:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

Mozart is a very lucky tortoise to have been rescued from a family that was "trying to get rid of him." Thank goodness you've found us so we can help you make his life as perfect as it can be...starting with his substrate. Please give him some nice substrate to walk on. I prefer cypress mulch, but there are other kinds, even clean dirt from the yard.

JamieLikesTrees

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
Welcome Jaime! Mozart looks like a nice Russian. He was a last year's Christmas gift for her children or did they have him longer then that? Is he your first tortoise ever?

As far as I understand that's what he was was a christmas gift her kids didn't want anymore.

This is my first tortoise. I knew I wanted one about 6 months ago but I didn't have time to research on what kind I should get. About 2 weeks ago I started getting all the stuff I needed.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Sooooo, do you like all kinds of trees? Have a job that has something to do with trees? Or what is the tree connection? :D

JamieLikesTrees

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
Sooooo, do you like all kinds of trees? Have a job that has something to do with trees? Or what is the tree connection? :D

Well trees, yeah, I like trees alot I guess. They are fun to hike around, they are fun to climb on, they are fun to build a tree house with, which the wood used to build that tree house is from another TREE! :p

The truth is I have no clue why I put tree in my screen name.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Welcome to the forum! It's always nice to see new Utah folks join up. I'm just down the interstate from you, in Tooele. :)

Congrats on the new addition! He is a nice looking little one. Glad you were able to give him a good home.. Ever since I "rescued" my first tortoise and saw the conditions her last owners had her in, I cringe to think of what people think is proper care when they get a tortoise, especially when they get one from a random person on the classifieds who's already clueless themselves. Shudder!!! So very glad you aren't going to be one of "those," and that you found your way here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.