Hello! Lucy and her Russian Tort

Lucy Stalone

Hello all! My name is Lucy, and I recently adopted a Russian Tort. I have found out he is a male, and am so happy to have him. He is, however, my first tortoise of any kind, and is already almost full grown. Any recommendations for making him feel at home? Also, any recommendations for a name? Thank you in advance! -Lucy

Tortellini is an amazing name! Well starting with is definitely a start but if the total room isnt something like 6x4' you should consider that third one so he can stretch out.

Lucy Stalone

Tortellini is an amazing name! Well starting with is definitely a start but if the total room isnt something like 6x4' you should consider that third one so he can stretch out.
Any recommendations for socializing the guy? I've heard stories of tortoises that are very social, and other stories of tortoises that hardly interact with their owners. If there's any way I can help my tort to become social (as right now he's pretty scared) I would love to know how.

For now just give him space. He has to know it's his home and wont be bothered. A happy go lucky tortoise that feels safe in his home will seem more "social"

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California

daniellenc

Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
Those tortoise houses are too small usually even with two together and don't hold humidity and heat well. I'd research the russian tortoise subforum before committing to buying anything. It will save you money in the future for sure!!