Hello from Sunny Florida!

Valerie0426

I guess this is my thread.
Boris has been buried 2 or more inches inside the humidification cave since just after Thanksgiving. His leg & head are peeking out but he's still sleep. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1481487406.224814.jpg

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jamaica
These tortoises in profile remind me a lot of ET the Extraterrestrial. Very cute!

How are they and the other creatures doing now?

Valerie0426

These tortoises in profile remind me a lot of ET the Extraterrestrial. Very cute!

How are they and the other creatures doing now?
All are well, Lovebirds are loving! Chihuahuas are spoiled. Torts are sleeping most of the time. Sometimes all, then a leg or nose pops out.
Thank you for asking!

Valerie0426

Continuing with my thread:
I moved from NC to FL 6 years ago. Still not familiar with local plants. Can someone please Id this plant & safe to eat? Couldn't find on TT. All 4 pics are same plant. Small white flower with yellow center in green leaves. Thank you.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1485990494.487343.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1485990512.451767.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1485990527.027258.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1485990541.571623.jpg

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
That plant with the little white flower with the yellow center is familiar to me, it grows extensively in my yard in the hills of Jamaica. We call it "Spanish Needle." I think that is one of the correct (unscientific) names. My tortoises will eat it sometimes, it does them no harm.

Valerie0426

That plant with the little white flower with the yellow center is familiar to me, it grows extensively in my yard in the hills of Jamaica. We call it "Spanish Needle." I think that is one of the correct (unscientific) names. My tortoises will eat it sometimes, it does them no harm.

When I had a name, not in TT, by botanical name or common name
From Garden Answers:
Spanish Needles
bidens bipannita
An irksome Florida native that reseeds everywhere. The only redeeming quality is that the butterflies seem to really enjoy it.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
When I had a name, not in TT, by botanical name or common name
From Garden Answers:
Spanish Needles
bidens bipannita
An irksome Florida native that reseeds everywhere. The only redeeming quality is that the butterflies seem to really enjoy it.
Yes! It is a prolific and hardy weed, it's all over the place! Some people make tea with it.