Hello from Southern Illinois

Tripp

Hello everyone,
I don't usually post a lot on forums, but thought that I would get the obligatory introduction post out of the way.
I'm from a small town in rural Southern Illinois. I'm looking into getting my first tortoise, and there aren't a whole lot of local resources to tap into around here. I joined the forum to help me with research to make sure that I get the right species for me as well to ensure that I'm ready to adopt my first tortoise.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome. I'm from the opinion of get the one you want. Unless you live in a state with native tortoises, we all have to adapt our space for our tortoises. Some more then others. If you can afford to build a shed for adult torts and heat it, then stick with the smaller species that can be more easily housed in your home for the winter months.

Tripp

Hello and Welcome. I'm from the opinion of get the one you want. Unless you live in a state with native tortoises, we all have to adapt our space for our tortoises. Some more then others. If you can afford to build a shed for adult torts and heat it, then stick with the smaller species that can be more easily housed in your home for the winter months.

Thank you. I'm leaning toward a redfoot right now. From what I've read they look like a good breed for a first timer. I'll be sure to let everyone know what I decide on.