Hello from Sheldon & I! And thank you.

Rebecca67449

Hello,
Greetings from Las Vegas!
I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself and My 9 pound Sulcata tank baby Sheldon. When I was first introduced to the world of Sulcatas it was after being asked to take in a "turtle" who could no longer be cared for. Being a lover of all animals I had to say yes. Now Imagine my surprise when the day comes and I am presented with not a turtle, but a SULCATA tortoise (lol) It was then that I knew I was in for a life long commitment and a lot of learning and researching. I instantly fell in love with sheldon and I am determined to give this everything I have. Sheldon had a rough start in life with the previous owners spending majority of his time in a glass aquariam with a bearded dragon (heartbreaking). This resulted in pyramiding of his shell and a long road to recovery. It's been about a year now with me...Countless vet visits, a move to a bigger more suitable place, proper diet, reevaluating of lighting and heating, and lots of help from people like you on these forums have made Sheldon one happy Tort! And I can't thank all of you tortoise enthusiasts enough for taking time to share your knowledge and educate people like me who need all the help we can get. Unfortunately my first post on this forum was under sad circumstances when Sheldon had to have injections to prevent a reoccurring URI and because of the help from people on here I was able to see what I was doing wrong and change it. Needless to say I have already seen almost 100% improvement. After advice I received on here (after advice from the vet seemed off) and adjusting his night temps and humidity his breathing improved dramatically and is getting better day by day. Sheldon is doing great! So BIG thank you again to everyone from myself and Sheldon! :tort::<3:

20170527_211202.jpg