Hello from PA

Briixx3

Good morning everyone!
My names bri, I live in allentown, pa.
My little redfoot is Rory, he is my first and i just got him last week.
He says hellooo!!

Attachments

• 1494855398100.jpg
    1494855398100.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 15

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Bri, and to the wonderful world of tortoise-keeping!

eric joranson

Cape Cod ;MA / Co.Bluffs; Iowa
Welcome. I have to ask; but in picture it looks like you are using a potting soil; that has small white pearlite/vermiculite or such. If it is; there is a danger to your tortoise if he swallows any. It can cause an impact in intestine. I would suggest you change it to coconut coir; or fine orchard bark as soon as possible. Both work well in holding in humidity, and no danger if they eat any. Then read through the care sheets listed under Species (Redfoot). Ask questions here; where the members will be glad give you the best information possible. You will be asked for photos of both tortoise; and your enclosure from all angles to help with suggestions. You will be asked about temperatures and humidity levels of enclosure; as well as what kind of lights and heat sources you are using. You will also be asked about diet; and soaking schedules. It can all be a little overwhelming at first; but in short order you and your tortoise will be in the best possible routine. It's a great learning adventure; enjoy!

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
Good morning everyone!
My names bri, I live in allentown, pa.
My little redfoot is Rory, he is my first and i just got him last week.
He says hellooo!!
Welcome Bri...you may want to edit your profile to show PA as your location so when we all talk we know what area you're in. For instance, I now know you're in PA so I'll say Fahrenheit not celcius. Also more specifically I know dandelions grow in Pennsylvania pretty good where as here in SW Florida they do not so now I know to recommend them to you. ... Pluss I like to keep my eye open for others in my area so I know what they're feeding and housing their tortoises.

Briixx3

Welcome Bri...you may want to edit your profile to show PA as your location so when we all talk we know what area you're in. For instance, I now know you're in PA so I'll say Fahrenheit not celcius. Also more specifically I know dandelions grow in Pennsylvania pretty good where as here in SW Florida they do not so now I know to recommend them to you. ... Pluss I like to keep my eye open for others in my area so I know what they're feeding and housing their tortoises.
It is actually zoomeds reptisoil...

Welcome. I have to ask; but in picture it looks like you are using a potting soil; that has small white pearlite/vermiculite or such. If it is; there is a danger to your tortoise if he swallows any. It can cause an impact in intestine. I would suggest you change it to coconut coir; or fine orchard bark as soon as possible. Both work well in holding in humidity, and no danger if they eat any. Then read through the care sheets listed under Species (Redfoot). Ask questions here; where the members will be glad give you the best information possible. You will be asked for photos of both tortoise; and your enclosure from all angles to help with suggestions. You will be asked about temperatures and humidity levels of enclosure; as well as what kind of lights and heat sources you are using. You will also be asked about diet; and soaking schedules. It can all be a little overwhelming at first; but in short order you and your tortoise will be in the best possible routine. It's a great learning adventure; enjoy!