Hello from nc

Andy27012

5 Year Member
hello all, I'm Andy from Nc! I'm relatively new to the tortoise thing but not keeping animals. Over the past 20 years I've worked with boa constrictors, Burmese pythons, carpet pythons, green tree pythons, bearded dragons, ball pythons, pink bellied sliders, and some im sure I'm forgetting. Currently I am have a pair of burmese pythons, woma pythons and a panther chameleon. I had a leopard tortoise that I had to rehome in a nasty divorce but have an empty backyard now that I think a pair of brown mountain tortoises would do great in once they are of size.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
Hello @Andy27012 and a very warm welcome to the forum. :)

Please post pics of your tort as well as his.her enclosure. ;)

Read the "Beginners Mistakes" Thread and the care sheets, and give your tort a daily soak in warm water.

Make sure that your tort is warm, and that there's enough humidity in the enclosure.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello, Andy, and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum. :)
i'm not up on the Burmese, but most tortoises don't do well in pairs, groups sometimes work, but not pairs.
One solitary tortoise, or two in separate enclosures, or a group of one male and two or more females is the way to go.

Alexio

Syracuse, New York
Hello hello, i would love to see some pictures of your burmese pythons and your woma pythons if you have any and wouldn't mind sharing. I like Burmese pythons a lot but i feel like they are a less owned snake for some reason.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome. I'm not sure about the species your looking to get, but most if not all do not do good in pairs.
Be sure to show us pics when you do get them though. We love seeing pics

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Andy!