Hello everyone, so nice to meet you and your beautiful turtles/torts!

Turtle-Momma

Location (City and/or State)
Playas de Rosarito, B.C., Mexico.
Hi everyone, I'm Turtle-Momma, or Carolina if you prefer. I'm new here and I have to say you all have such beautiful torts/turtles!

I currently own 2 red eared sliders, 1 male who is almost 7, and a new female who we just got from a friend who couldn't take care of her, she is 5 years old and relatively smaller than the male. As soon as I am finished cleaning my house I will spend the afternoon with them taking pictures to share with all of you.

I look very forward to meeting you all. I always wanted to have turtle buddies to relate to. Not many people I know are interested in turtles, or in animals as much as I am.

So any introductions or stories or simply a hello is very much welcome! Again, it's so nice to meet you all!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello, and welcome to Tortoise Forum.
I'm Adam and have a beautiful Greek tortoise called Tidgy.
Mucky pup.jpg
Nice to meet you.

Turtle-Momma

Welcome to the Forum, Carolina.

This is Bo and So:

View attachment 197135
Dear lord. I would die from happiness if I ever got to pet one of those tortoises.

This is my male turtle. I used to think he was a female until I saw his penis pop out; his name was Ashley but it's confusing now so my dad just calls him Tortugo lol.

15995929_10211651778513442_1608868573_n.jpg

And I recently (yesterday) acquired what I believe to be a female turtle (this time I'm 99% sure). She is 5 years old but relatively small, the ex-owner believes she is small because she was kept in a small environment her whole life. Still haven't picked out a name for her yet.

16117456_10211651747032655_1972804991_n.jpg

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Your turtle is beautiful! How old is Tidgy?
Thank you.:tort:
She thinks so, too.
I've had her for just over 5 years, she was very tiny when i acquired her, so less than a year, I think, so I reckon she's about 6 years old now.
I love her more than I would have though possible a few years ago.:<3:

Turtle-Momma

Thank you.:tort:
She thinks so, too.
I've had her for just over 5 years, she was very tiny when i acquired her, so less than a year, I think, so I reckon she's about 6 years old now.
I love her more than I would have though possible a few years ago.:<3:

She is the same age as my male! Turtles are so beautiful. I've only had mine for almost a year,though. It must be amazing having them as a baby and watching them grow so much.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
She is the same age as my male! Turtles are so beautiful. I've only had mine for almost a year,though. It must be amazing having them as a baby and watching them grow so much.
It's been a beautiful experience.
We measure her on the 1st of each month with great anticipation. :<3:
She's been a delight.

Turtle-Momma

It's been a beautiful experience.
We measure her on the 1st of each month with great anticipation. :<3:
She's been a delight.
Oh really? Hm I never measure mine sadly, I didn't think they would grow at all in between months. Seems I will have to start doing so! They are basking outside atm. Hopefully they will get along better. It seems he really wants to be friends but she's been enclosed so much so she's very shy.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Hi and welcome! Beautiful turtles. I am from Jamaica and I have a Jamaican pond turtle (Jamaican Slider) and 2 redfoot tortoises. I have kept RES's in the past too.