hello all

Status
Not open for further replies.

greyhairedguy

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
my name is ed, and i live in the san francisco bay area. i have 1 res in a 55 gal tank along with about 100 guppies. i have 5 russians currently staying in thier outdoor enclosure while the weather is nice. i also have 2 blk oscars and a featherfin cat in a 77 gal tank--non reptile content. this past summer, i took care of my daughters class pet--a bearded dragon--he was a very friendly guy.

i just purchased a 5 cu.ft. refrigerator today so that my russians can hibernate this winter. my wifee didn't like the idea of having them in our crisper for a few months. wonder why?

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
hi! Welcome to the site! I hibernate my Russians outside. I allow them to dig themselves a nice burrow in a terrarium filled with dirt and leaves. They stay outside all winter long. Keep in mind, my winter is unlike the rest of the country. it will NEVER snow here, and it rarely get below freezing temperatures. that is what I have found to be easiest and the Russians enjoy it.

I hibernate each tortoise differently, but newbies beware.... NEVER hibernate your Sulcata! they do NOT hibernate and will die!

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
hah! my girlfriend gives me the same attitude when i talk about all the animals i want to care for

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
my gf never had even seen a turtle or tortoise in person before me. but now she takes care of 3 of mine, 2 baby sulcatas and 1 baby leopard. she has grown very attached to them. she loves coming over and feeding my large sulcatas and desert tortoises. she thinks they are the cutest things ever!

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Welcome to the forum, I keep worms in my refer :) I do plan on getting a turtle refer very soon. My hubby does not like the turtles and tortoises, no no no. :) My family calls them my science project. But anyways welcome Ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.