Hello...again

Careym13

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northern Virginia
Its been a while, I don't even know how long, since I've been able to be active on the forum. I've had a lot happen in the last year, some good and a lot not so good. I inadvertently became half owner of the business that I've been working at for the last several years after the very unexpected death of one of the owners, who was a friend of mine for a long time. My father passed away, although I might have been here since then, I really can't remember. I've rented a house, sold a house, had contracts on 2 new (new to me) houses fall through. The aftermath of the last year has left me with almost no free time, let alone computer time that wasn't related to learning how to run a small business while simultaneously running said business whether I knew how to or not, 7 days a week.

The dust has settled, however, and I'm getting ready to go to closing on a house (3rd time is the charm apparently). I still have my 2 Leopard tortoises who are approaching 3 years old and are doing great. One is up to 1500 grams and the other just over 1000 grams. I'm grateful to be back here with fellow tort lovers and I'm planning to add a 3rd tortoise to my herd soon (housed separately, of course).

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and a Welcome back. Sorry for your losses, never easy.
Glad the 3rd house is working out and your getting some of your time back.
Good luck in your business and your new home. Hopefully things will settle down some more for you and you'll have more free time.

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
Hello and a Welcome back. Sorry for your losses, never easy.
Glad the 3rd house is working out and your getting some of your time back.
Good luck in your business and your new home. Hopefully things will settle down some more for you and you'll have more free time.
Thanks, things have definitely settled down...but a little more wouldn't hurt!

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
But now you have to move again....that seriously is not fun. New house is fun. Not the packing and unpacking...get ready to be busy again.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Welcome back! Great to see you post again! I'm sorry about your Dad and your Friend, and congratulation on your business and home ownership. Glad to hear your torts are growing nicely and doing well. My two RF's just turned 2 yrs old and turning into little heavy, solid, walking rock-eating machines. Shellie is 8" & couple ounces over 3 lbs, and Tucker is 7" and little over 2lbs. Glad you're back. Pls be sure to post some new pictures of your torts... birds... everybody... your new house:) Very exciting time in your life. Will be looking forward to reading your posts

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
But now you have to move again....that seriously is not fun. New house is fun. Not the packing and unpacking...get ready to be busy again.
Yes...the thought of more boxes is horrifying! This time we are paying movers instead of doing it all ourselves, I think it'll be well worth it.

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
Welcome back! Great to see you post again! I'm sorry about your Dad and your Friend, and congratulation on your business and home ownership. Glad to hear your torts are growing nicely and doing well. My two RF's just turned 2 yrs old and turning into little heavy, solid, walking rock-eating machines. Shellie is 8" & couple ounces over 3 lbs, and Tucker is 7" and little over 2lbs. Glad you're back. Pls be sure to post some new pictures of your torts... birds... everybody... your new house:) Very exciting time in your life. Will be looking forward to reading your posts
Thanks! Sounds like your guys are getting big fast! Here are some photos of my Great Pyrenees LGDs, the last photo is the two of them sitting on my roommate:
IMG_4647.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4648.JPG
    IMG_4648.JPG
    823.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4448.JPG
    IMG_4448.JPG
    904.1 KB · Views: 7

Rachael403

NE, USA
Hi there, welcome back to the forum! You have had a ton of change and loss the last year. After my mom passed away a couple of years ago, it took forever for us to find a house. We nearly gave up when this house we live in now popped up, and it was meant to be. Your "3rd times the charm" is meant to be! After a while, you seriously cannot move one more box- A moving crew will definitely help keep things less stressful.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Thanks! Sounds like your guys are getting big fast! Here are some photos of my Great Pyrenees LGDs, the last photo is the two of them sitting on my roommate:
View attachment 209787
Omg!!!! I love those dogs!!!!!! They are so gorgeous and... obviously craving human attention... lap pups...:) cute!!!

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
Hi there, welcome back to the forum! You have had a ton of change and loss the last year. After my mom passed away a couple of years ago, it took forever for us to find a house. We nearly gave up when this house we live in now popped up, and it was meant to be. Your "3rd times the charm" is meant to be! After a while, you seriously cannot move one more box- A moving crew will definitely help keep things less stressful.
Thank you!!! I'm definitely looking forward to not having to move all the boxes myself!