Healthy, Friendly 38 Lb Male Sulcata

jdhopson

I adopted "Shelly" when he was 5.5 lbs about 6 yrs ago. I live in Portland, Oregon and although I love him very much, this isn't the climate for sulcatas. Shelly is now approx 38 lbs and is not happy living in the house 7 months out of the year, and really needs an outdoor home in southern climates. Shelly is very friendly, likes to be around people and pets, and really enjoys hanging out in the living room in front of the fireplace. He loves being outside in the summer, but our summers aren't long enough and his indoor pen isn't large enough. I would be willing to transport him to a new home in California, Nevada, or meet someone part way? I'm not a fan of shipping, and at his size I would be very concerned about a safe shipping experience for him. I'm not in a hurry, not looking to sell him, I just want to find him a great situation and a lifetime home. Please message me and I am happy to send photos and more information.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
It'll take me 3-4 days to get there lol
If your rig will handle the Alaskan highway, I'll have something local and warm waiting for to quench yer thirst once you make down here to the lower 48… http://pendletonwhisky.com/
Then, depending on yer timing and/or fear or trust of weather guessers we could head over to this event, http://www.pendletonroundup.com
Now me, I sport a Pendleton, Montana Silver belt buckle daily. At the beginning I felt it was too flashy for daily wear. Then I realized not just everyone can say they earned theirs and I most certainly have. So come on down. Unroll a bedroll on the floor and I'll probably, (maybe) keep you out of trouble. Unless yer lookin' fer it, cause if you is, then youse all alone down here.
And heckfire, leave that thar bedroll at that Alaskan cabin of yours. We have here at the ranch enough of them wool blankets to keep most everyone toasty warm and snuggled.
Let me know when you be fixin' on gettin' here so's I can keep my dogs out watchin' fer ya, ya know?
See ya then and safe travels. WARNING!!!! Don't be playing a hero by picking up any Canadian hitchhikers! They are a huge threat to our American Way of Life. Recently I even heard a couple speaking what I figure is French, (the secret language of those yellow snow eating Canadians) they were buys tortillas and tortilla sauce, their native foods.
Anyway, be safe while heading on down. And remember, as always, keep your eyes open for any kind of suspicious activity or humans. ; )

superman

I adopted "Shelly" when he was 5.5 lbs about 6 yrs ago. I live in Portland, Oregon and although I love him very much, this isn't the climate for sulcatas. Shelly is now approx 38 lbs and is not happy living in the house 7 months out of the year, and really needs an outdoor home in southern climates. Shelly is very friendly, likes to be around people and pets, and really enjoys hanging out in the living room in front of the fireplace. He loves being outside in the summer, but our summers aren't long enough and his indoor pen isn't large enough. I would be willing to transport him to a new home in California, Nevada, or meet someone part way? I'm not a fan of shipping, and at his size I would be very concerned about a safe shipping experience for him. I'm not in a hurry, not looking to sell him, I just want to find him a great situation and a lifetime home. Please message me and I am happy to send photos and more information.
i would take him [email protected]

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Do not rehome to newbies only answering free tort threads. They usually just want to resell them or can't afford to buy one so can't afford to care for one.