Head shots cherry style

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Somewhere in Florida
Interesting. It is common for some cherry-heads to lose color as they age/grow. Personally, I think the black headed animals are cool looking. N2TORTS has a very nifty looking cherry with a mostly black head.
Charlie's current group have really nice color and based on their parents colors I assume his will stay that way. But you never know.
Btw, yellow nose on Mimmi...unusual for this race but certainly not unheard of. My female named Marty also has a yellow nose.

Geochelone_Carbonaria

10 Year Member!
Southern part of Sweden
Interesting. It is common for some cherry-heads to lose color as they age/grow. Personally, I think the black headed animals are cool looking. N2TORTS has a very nifty looking cherry with a mostly black head.
Charlie's current group have really nice color and based on their parents colors I assume his will stay that way. But you never know.
Btw, yellow nose on Mimmi...unusual for this race but certainly not unheard of. My female named Marty also has a yellow nose.

I reckon you have seen this thread of min before ?

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/well-well-well-what-did-we-find-here-then.132995/

MysticCaribou

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sweet Home Chicago
I have two Cherryhead hatchlings. I really enjoyed seeing all these photos. Your tortoises are beautiful and look so healthy. Thank you for sharing them.

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
So FL
Looking like their mom and a bit of their dad!

Yes. Hopefully they won't get that big for a while. It's interesting to see some younger ones of Carl's breeding. Very similar.
I'm very happy with them.

dumje

5 Year Member
Miami Florida
I changed some things in my set up and now my Cherrys stay clean. I can see the Cherry red heads all the time now...no dirt caked on them. I used stepping stones for the bottom of their main hide spot. I used sand for the feeding area. I put sod for most of the cage and used mulch for the areas that they seem to walk around a lot. I have clean torts and no more fungus growing on the shells.