have you ever bought from website called mynewturtle.com?

the Turtle Shepherd

Location (City and/or State)
nowhere
hello :) i would like to hear if you heard anything about this website MYNEWTURTLE.COM and have you purchased any turtles from them? please let me know :) thank you :)

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I purchased a couple of 3-toed box hatchlings from her several years ago and was very happy with them. They ate everything I threw at them, looked good and grew well and she seemed to have some good experience.

I was not able to talk to her for very long, so I cannot speak to her tortoise knowledge.

the Turtle Shepherd

nowhere
I purchased a couple of 3-toed box hatchlings from her several years ago and was very happy with them. They ate everything I threw at them, looked good and grew well and she seemed to have some good experience.

I was not able to talk to her for very long, so I cannot speak to her tortoise knowledge.
do you still have them? would love to see the pics:)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I purchased my first leopard from her. I was very happy with the whole purchasing process. Very happy with my leopard. She was very helpful, however, I found this forum about 5 months after I purchased him and that's when I found out she had some bad info when it came to humidity. Other then that, no problems.

the Turtle Shepherd

nowhere
I purchased my first leopard from her. I was very happy with the whole purchasing process. Very happy with my leopard. She was very helpful, however, I found this forum about 5 months after I purchased him and that's when I found out she had some bad info when it came to humidity. Other then that, no problems.
I see, do you remember the shipping, i can not find any info on her site, it goes straight into payment method, so I wondered...i was thinking about contacting her for more pics of the plastron anyhow :) thanks for responding :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I believe it was 75 or 85, not 100% sure. I would ask her how she raises them, to see if she has changed to the humid way. My leopard went 5-6 months dry on her advice and he is really pyramided. Those first days/months are important for having humidity.

the Turtle Shepherd

nowhere
it is 60, i found it :) i contacted her also, will see what happens, she is the only one supposedly who sells adult females, let's see if it is current or a fishing :) is there a box turtle shortage suddenly? spring... i get it :)

the Turtle Shepherd

nowhere
ok, after a long an tiresome communication, I decided not to buy form www.MYNEWTURTLE.com, and would not recommend it to anyone because her turtles have MAJOR SHELL ROT. she sent me pictures, it looked very bad, she said the rot was long fixed and is not contagious. unfortunately shell rot is highly contagious and the turtles are all kept together - which means they all are carriers as well. she denied this fact, and refused to send pictures that were not blurry on other turtles... which makes it very fishy, that is why the shipping is so high: to discourage the returns... she is a nice person, but the problem is too dangerous, and i can not afford to infect a whole healthy herd. clearly her turtles are kept in too humid of a condition, i do not judge, just raising an awareness!

Attachments

• thumbnail_3TF_6b_225.jpg
    thumbnail_3TF_6b_225.jpg
    373.5 KB · Views: 36
  • thumbnail_3TF_7b_200.jpg
    thumbnail_3TF_7b_200.jpg
    348.9 KB · Views: 33

the Turtle Shepherd

nowhere

do you still have them? would love to see the pics:)

the Turtle Shepherd

nowhere
holly shiiiit! humidity! yes, she has shell rot on all her boxies!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
She didn't give humidity or recommend it for the leopards. If she has shell rot, I would look some place else. She still isn't doing things right then.

the Turtle Shepherd

nowhere
She didn't give humidity or recommend it for the leopards. If she has shell rot, I would look some place else. She still isn't doing things right then.
i am, actively, but you would be amaze how many people create postings and do not reply and do not delete if sold either - so it is a chase :)

the Turtle Shepherd

nowhere
Question, how do you know that all her box turtles have shell rot?
you are right and i should apologize for freaking out. i was judging by the pictures provided and you are absolutely right: I have no proof whatsoever that all of her box turtles have the shell rot, hell, I might still end up buying from her myself as i do not seem to find adults anywhere else on the web :)

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
hello :) i would like to hear if you heard anything about this website MYNEWTURTLE.COM and have you purchased any turtles from them? please let me know :) thank you :)
I'm sorry, I just now saw this so sorry didn't answer earlier. John, the man with the 6 year old egg laying box turtle that you don't believe me about, purchased from her. He was very happy. I've never personally dealt with her. If I'm not mistaken, isn't she selling off her breeders?

ETA: I see above you are looking for adults.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
you are right and i should apologize for freaking out. i was judging by the pictures provided and you are absolutely right: I have no proof whatsoever that all of her box turtles have the shell rot, hell, I might still end up buying from her myself as i do not seem to find adults anywhere else on the web :)
Just don't take her advice unless she has learned and changed it.

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio
ok, after a long an tiresome communication, I decided not to buy form www.MYNEWTURTLE.com, and would not recommend it to anyone because her turtles have MAJOR SHELL ROT. she sent me pictures, it looked very bad, she said the rot was long fixed and is not contagious. unfortunately shell rot is highly contagious and the turtles are all kept together - which means they all are carriers as well. she denied this fact, and refused to send pictures that were not blurry on other turtles... which makes it very fishy, that is why the shipping is so high: to discourage the returns... she is a nice person, but the problem is too dangerous, and i can not afford to infect a whole healthy herd. clearly her turtles are kept in too humid of a condition, i do not judge, just raising an awareness!

Shell rot can happen to even the best keepers and is quite common with wild turtles. The fact she was aware of it and stopped it before further damage should be recognized. I know someone who purchased a juvenile 3 toed from her and was quite pleased. I will tell you she has moved and is unloading most of her turtles, so what she has left might not be the cream of the crop if you know what I mean.