hatching eggs in the enclosure

Purplechic

Location (City and/or State)
My turtle laid 4 eggs two of them we're not good so they're gone but the other two are still buried. I was told they take three months they're buried inside a box with a heat lamp over them that I water daily is there something else that should have been done or do I just call these as a loss as well. My turtle Myrtle is an inside turtle.

allegraf

10 Year Member!
Where do you live? Depends on how warm your substrate gets. The warmer it is, the quicker the babies will hatch, if too cold, they will never hatch.

My turtle laid 4 eggs two of them we're not good so they're gone but the other two are still buried. I was told they take three months they're buried inside a box with a heat lamp over them that I water daily is there something else that should have been done or do I just call these as a loss as well. My turtle Myrtle is an inside turtle.

Purplechic

They're inside Turtles and my temperature at home is 74 but I have a heat light sun lamp to the two-tone one on them 12 hours a day.

allegraf

10 Year Member!
I'm not sure if the substrate temps will get warm enough to incubate.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
We'll need to know what species of turtle you're talking about. For example, box turtle eggs will hatch in a box of dirt set up on a closet shelf, while a red footed tortoise's eggs will need to be incubated at a certain temperature in good conditions.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It would benefit you and your turtle to show us the whole enclosure. By the avatar pic, there are a few things I can already seen that needs to be changed for the benefit of your turtle.