Hatched My Third Generation of CB Radiated Tortoises

zovick

10 Year Member!
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to share the news that I have now hatched three generations of CB Radiated Tortoises (F1, F2, and F3 CB generations). It has taken me quite a while, considering the minimum generation time for the species is close to 12 years. All four grandparents of these babies are different CB offspring of WC adults from the 1960's and 1970's.

Bill Zovickian
F3 CB Radiated Babies.jpg

enzot91

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Scotland
Congratulations Bill. Beautiful hatchlings too, but I don't think I've ever seen a Radiated that wasn't. Wonderful species.

KevinGG

5 Year Member
Santa Cruz, CA
Wow. This is amazing. How many animals did you begin with? Are you breeding the offspring with each other?

jorg

5 Year Member
Wooow bill, you are my big example!
I hope to have the same results in a few years. Congrats!!!

navyblu

5 Year Member
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to share the news that I have now hatched three generations of CB Radiated Tortoises (F1, F2, and F3 CB generations). It has taken me quite a while, considering the minimum generation time for the species is close to 12 years. All four grandparents of these babies are different CB offspring of WC adults from the 1960's and 1970's.

Bill Zovickian
View attachment 195462
Congratulations Dr. Zovickian on such an incredible accomplishment, to add to an already incredible career!! Can't wait to see how these ones will develop!!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
This is amazing. Another amazing accomplishment to add to your legacy. Congratulations Bill. Thanks for sharing with us.

LEO037

congrats. I wonder if there's any trait difference between F1, F2 and F3

kingsley

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Wow!! what an accomplishment!! Thanks for sharing , and all the advise you have given me over the years.

Berkeley

That is awesome, Bill! Seriously cool work. I'll have to come by and say hey again sometime soon.

--Berkeley